Are There Any Good Integra 7 Tutorials ?

Forum for Integra 7
GAJ52

Are There Any Good Integra 7 Tutorials ?

Post by GAJ52 »

Having just bought an Integra 7 to replace my Roland Sound Canvas 8850, my first task was to read the manual, but quickly realised it was mainly a Reference Manual rather than a guide to using the Integra 7. Searching Google to try and find some tutorial material for using the Integra 7 was fruitless as most videos are basically just demos.

Why has Roland produced such a great instrument but neglected to support its potential to its customer user base ?? As an example type 'Cubase Tutorial' into Google and there are scores of tutorials from both Steinberg and third party users, I am very surprised at the lack of support from a company like Roland for one of its premier products.

Are there any decent Integra 7 tutorials out there ???
PauloF

Re: Are There Any Good Integra 7 Tutorials ?

Post by PauloF »

GAJ52 wrote:Having just bought an Integra 7 to replace my Roland Sound Canvas 8850, my first task was to read the manual, but quickly realised it was mainly a Reference Manual rather than a guide to using the Integra 7. Searching Google to try and find some tutorial material for using the Integra 7 was fruitless as most videos are basically just demos.

Why has Roland produced such a great instrument but neglected to support its potential to its customer user base ?? As an example type 'Cubase Tutorial' into Google and there are scores of tutorials from both Steinberg and third party users, I am very surprised at the lack of support from a company like Roland for one of its premier products.

Are there any decent Integra 7 tutorials out there ???
Welcome to the Clan, GSJ52!

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of any decent integra7 tutorials a "la Korg" style

There are a few tutorials but they are more marketing/advertising material than tutorials...

Actually there are two good sources of information, although not very organized to be used as tutorials:

1- this forum
2- The several manuals available (user, reference, midi, etc)
Those are the places from where I took all info for myself

Some time ago I was planning to do several videos in order to show how to access it from the front panel and to show all functionality from there, but lack of time and proper video material prevented me to do it... And now the integra7 is almost outdated and soon will out of production...
GAJ52

Post by GAJ52 »

OK many thanks, looks like its back to the manuals again !!
JosephSkot

Post by JosephSkot »

I have called Roland tech support several times (1-323-890-3740) and they have been very helpful in helping me set up the Integra-7 and with any problems I might have had; unlike Korg, who doesn't even have phone support anymore. Way to go Roland, you have a customer here for life!
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Good to hear, Joseph; thank you for sharing that, mate.

Been a Rolly die-hard since the '80s...
jazzsunn

Post by jazzsunn »

I know it's an old thread, but since no one mentioned the Integra-7 How-to Videos playlist (44 videos) from the Roland Product Support YouTube channel, I thought it might be useful to add.
LivingEdge

Post by LivingEdge »

Yes, and while you're back to manuals, there are other related manuals for you to check out.

I own an FA-08 and the setup is very, very similar.

It did take a some time to get both my Integras wired even with the vast amount of knowledge I've consumed.

When will it stop? Anyway, the FA-08 manuals may help you to get a better background to the Roland "Studio Set" mindset.
TheoK

Post by TheoK »

Welcome to Roland...I got my Integra-7 in October and I love it. But when it comes to Configuration & getting deep in it, Roland is not so helpful with their Manuals. Most of the problems I encountered have been solved with my own "Brains". I have gotten a few tips left and right but still not much to go with. If you have any specific problem, please feel free to contact me. I have managed to Record, Play and use the DAW. I am having still some issues when it comes to the complete setup of the MIDI Controller and it's knobs I am still lost there...