Integra-7 and Logic X

Forum for Integra 7
Elfloydodeltorro

Integra-7 and Logic X

Post by Elfloydodeltorro »

Hi there. I have an Integra-7 and cannot get the midi to work over usb in logic x (It was working previously). Audio is fine (latest drivers).. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.. all midi from the editor is fine both read and write.. i have checked the driver mode in midi to audio and midi to no avail.. i get no midi with either setting

I have setup as per the instructions via the audio and midi setup..and added an additional instance of the integra and routed the ins and outs to the unit and newly added device.

The integra is listed as a midi device which i have selected on an external midi track and changed the midi channels to no avail.. each part is set to on and an individual midi channel on the unit.

midi works fine from the editor as in changing patches, previewing parts etc so i surmise that the issue is within logic

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Noel
unixmill

Re: Integra-7 and Logic X

Post by unixmill »

I ran into a similar issue not sure if you have the same issue. but here is how I fixed mine.

selected the integra as the input device in logic pro x

so logic pro -> preference->audio->integra as input device.

secondly, are you creating a track as external midi device or software instrument then selecting an external instrument? both has pros and cons. try both ways and see which one works.
if you upgrade to logic x 10.2.2, it has an option as system setting.

hope this helps
skinmechanic

Re: Integra-7 and Logic X

Post by skinmechanic »

With Apple's last two updates of Logic, it has broken some of the MIDI protocols, it's not the Integra that's the problem, do you have another DAW to try it in? You will find it will work perfectly, Korg instruments have the same problem with logic. Also try clearing the cache in logic it will rescan your plugins but does fix a lot of issues;

Delete the AU cache.

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache.