3rd Party PC Editor

Forum for Integra 7
CBJ

3rd Party PC Editor

Post by CBJ »

My Integra i7 is in constant need of reloading the 4 EXP boards.

The Integra i7 app on my iPad stops working at times throughout the day causing me to re-load the app 3 or 4 times due to the loss of the 4 EXP expansion modules. I know when this happens because as I attempt & save the Studio Set & I get an error message stating that there is an error in saving this Studio Set. I then have a look at the EXP blocks & sure enough they are empty.

Since I use the same 4 EXP Modules 99% of the time is there a way to temporarily lock them up so I don't have to repeat this process?

The second issue I need clarification on refers to the third party PC software that has been developed for the i7.

I can't run this app at the same time that I use Sonar 8.53 (Cakewalk). If I load the i7 app on my PC & then try to load Sonar I get an error message whenever I try to load a Sonar template that is constructed with tracks pre-assigned to use the i7. The i7 is noted with an error followed by a dropdown list in Sonar stating the i7 is no longer connected & do I want to continue without it being connected?

Is there a work around for this issue? Since I use Sonar 8.53 I can't use the i7 app that has been developed using Version 3 VST (plug ins). The current editor that Roland has created is a Version 3 VST developed to be used with the Sonar X-1,2, & 3 family of sequencers which excludes me using it within Sonar 8.53.

Since I need a way of accessing the settings on each of the 16 available performance slots in the Studio Sets & was hoping I could use the 3rd party PC editor. It is an excellent editor & is just what I need but I want to use it in real time rather than an exclusive app that will not work in a multi tasking environment. At least as far as I know.

I use my iPad for patch selection as it is designed but it does not have any provision for editing or accessing the detailed settings within each patch so I have to rely on the 3rd party PC software to take over these functions. Settings such as EQ, compression, & effects are all in the hands of the 3rd part PC editor but I can't make it work while I am accessing Sonar for recording.

Am I at a dead end, or is there a way or running this i7 editor at the same time that Sonar is running? Other than these 2 issues for 4 years I have relied on the i7 in my studio for a lot of sounds that software VIs have not delivered on. Having access to this massive sound pallet in one package is a real blessing. For one it is not taxing on the PC resources & the quality of sounds are top notch! Good job Roland!

Cheers!
jerry_merry

Re: 3rd Party PC Editor

Post by jerry_merry »

For the expansion boards. You can set your favourite expansion boards to auto load when turning on i7. This is in system settings startup. Then should not have to keep loading them, they should be ready waiting for you.

As for the editor - I use the excellent AU (Mac only) plugin provided by Roland so can't help you there.
pzhuravel

Re: 3rd Party PC Editor

Post by pzhuravel »

jerry_merry wrote:For the expansion boards. You can set your favourite expansion boards to auto load when turning on i7. This is in system settings startup. Then should not have to keep loading them, they should be ready waiting for you.

As for the editor - I use the excellent AU (Mac only) plugin provided by Roland so can't help you there.
Jerry how stable is that plugin? Does it free u from needing an iPad?

Also do u have to be plugged in via Usb? Or midi will suffice?

Ty

Trying to figure out weather I should buy i7 or it's too much hassle l, I'm on OS X 10.10 logic X guy