Can I find every tones from JV80 series boards in I-7?

Forum for Integra 7
eclipse0119

Can I find every tones from JV80 series boards in I-7?

Post by eclipse0119 »

Hi there.

So far I know that I can find every tones from the 12 SRX boards series in the I-7.

How about the JV-80 boards series?

(I've owned a FA-08 which is nice, but lack so many tones from the flagship I-7...sad )
jengelbr

Re: Can I find every tones from JV80 series boards in I-7?

Post by jengelbr »

The short answer is yes, some of them. Many SR-JV80 patches were brought into the SRX series boards, others were "improved" (YMMV). Best way to know which ones is to search for the SR-JV patch names in the SRX manuals, the names are often the same or similar (e.g. appending them with "SRX"). Keep in mind they will likely sound different since the Integra does not carry over the chorus and reverb settings from legacy PCM patches. Depending on the patch it can make a big difference, but you can always recreate those setting if you know them or are a reasonably good patch programmer...
Darksheer

Re: Can I find every tones from JV80 series boards in I-7?

Post by Darksheer »

You can check on my earlier post viewtopic.php?f=54&t=45639#p283793 which SR-JV80 waves were included in the SRX boards. But the SRX boards do not contain the original SR-JV80 patches, only the wave samples.

In the XV series, if you have the SRX board, you can load the old original SR-JV80 patches. This is not possible in the I7.

Edit: And some SR-JV80 cards were never re-released as SRX, see viewtopic.php?f=54&t=47874#p283795.