Please help me choose wisely

Forum for Integra 7
pzhuravel

Please help me choose wisely

Post by pzhuravel »

Hey guys I own a jdxa, virus ti and few other keys.. I'm trying to chose between Jupiter 80 and integra... Not planning to gig much with either of them and integra is looking good for production purposes... What scares me is I cannot find the iPad app for the integra in the AppStore, is it discontinued? How fussy is the workflow with it and logic X, I don't want to use their audio interface my recording set up is much higher quality, and I want to make sure I can record through it instead of Roland's Usb driver..
Why I'm looking at Jupiter is because it has some what of a screen and if I can't get the iPad working with integra I know I'll be wasting my money because there's no way I'm gonna be ok with that tiny screen.

So the question is this. Is the workflow decent (not too buggy) with the iPad audio interface and
MIDI interface...
I wil most likely be using my nectar panorama p6 controller with it along with kurzweil 2500 (as a controller)
Would it work?
Thirdly if I
Do go for integra my dealer is suggesting to get the Roland's router... Anyone using it or should I get the iPad camera kit??

And lastly is integra really as good as their marketing department says or it's a panini the bumm to get it to work.. I don't want to spend half of my production time to keep it working..

Make it rain!:)

And thank you in advance

Paul
jerry_merry

Re: Please help me choose wisely

Post by jerry_merry »

Hello Paul. I'm have a similar set-up. Running on a Mac with 10.10 and Logic X 10.2.1.

I have an Integra-7 and have had it integrated through logic using the AU editor. Really happy with this synth. It's my bread and butter go to box. I also have a Jd-xa as well. Since getting the the Jd and have still used my integra-7 just as much so having them both I find the complement each other really well. Anyway let me try and answer some of your questions.

I have the iPad editor and a wireless dongle. To be honest I barely use it. I get on the AU editor direct in logic. It has more depth to editing and I find it really quick and easy to access all areas of the synth with ease. Also one of the the best hardware controller for an integra-7 for instant tweaking is the the JD-Xa, just hit the midi ctrl button and you can quickly tweak a sound and then fine tune and save via the AU editor. But I'm sure your other controllers you have would work well.
pzhuravel

Post by pzhuravel »

That sounds fantastic! I think that's exactly what I'm going to do, didn't think about jdxa being the controller for it as well.. Is there classic electronic sounds im the i7 like the 909 808 and so on?

Thanks for your reply Jerry much appreciated
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

I think you can find the 808 and 909 samples in the Srx-05 expansion.
pzhuravel

Post by pzhuravel »

Hey I was wandering how do you instal an a editor? I downloaded their 10.10driver but the editor does not get installed... Wandering if they're killing it
pzhuravel

Post by pzhuravel »

AU editor that is
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »