SO MANY QUESTIONS

Forum for Integra 7
TobiasJ

SO MANY QUESTIONS

Post by TobiasJ »

Hi,

I am a possible buyer but seeing a lot lately that the Integra is VST-3 and Ableton doesn't support VST-3, how have people worked around this?

Also, can you use Roland Integra sounds through, say, a Moog Voyager? If so, what is the set up? Can you use the Integra as an Audio Interface or do I need another Soundcard to audio input midi from my Moog?

Thirdly, if Integra doesn't work through Ableton, does it work through Logics Pro instead? I've heard there has been issues with that too but from a couple years back?

If anyone can answer any of those questions, that would be a massive massive help.

I want an array of samples and sounds and not be too restricted by my Moog Voyager. I want the capabilities of morphing my sounds through a modular - this is part of the reason why I don't want to buy a Jupiter 50/80.

Besides, the Integral is cheaper with way more sounds.
skinmechanic

Re: SO MANY QUESTIONS

Post by skinmechanic »

I take it with you talking about Logic you have a Mac? If so then on the Mac it also has an AU plugin editor so it works on both Logic Pro and Ableton since Ableton can use AU plugins. There were problems with V1.0 of the editor but Roland created a complete new editor V2.0 which also became available for Windows (which is VST 3.0 only).

The Integera has an audio interface built in it streams 2 channels along with MIDI using the USB interface. It also has 2 inputs so you can bring in and record external sources through the Integera. If your not using the 5.1 surround then you can use the seperate 8 outputs and route them through the Voyager within a Studio Set (16 channels).