No sound, help appreciated

Forum for Integra 7
PauloF

Re: No sound, help appreciated

Post by PauloF »

rr2011 wrote:Have you verified that your Saffire MixControl software is correctly routing the audio where you need it?

I also use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, and know that if your MixControl audio routings are setup incorrectly you can definitely experience similar issues to what you are having now. You need to get the MixControl routings setup correctly before you'll have much luck working within your DAW.
rr2011 just asked what I was thinking to ask but was faster ;-)

The MixControl can be tricky sometimes...and the card not always works stand-alone without the Mixcontrol running, so it is worth to check, as I think the problem is there, now that you ruled out almost everything else
RvdVeen

Post by RvdVeen »

Hello guys,

With the suggestion to check out if the Saffire software was correctly configured i contacted the supportdesk of Saffire. This is what they said:

It is impossible to Route the Integra-7 through the Saffire if you use a USB cable connected to ur PC. I should get 2 analog cables or a Coax/S/PDIF cable and use the USB cable for MIDI signals only.

So i went ahead and ordered a S/PDIF cable that should arrive tommorow... To be continued!
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

Correct -
When using USB audio, for all practical purposes the Integra becomes your sound card, so software made for the Saffire would not be used.
In some cases, depending on the driver mode (especially when using ASIO), only one "sound card" device can be used by your DAW at any given time.

Since you'll be using the Saffire as the audio interface ~

The S/PDIF connection should make for a nice clean signal from the Integra to your Saffire!
Keep in mind that this connection is still only passing two channels of audio, and in fact on the Integra it is passing the same audio that is routed to the Integra's OUTPUT A(Mix) analog jacks. If you want to use additional channels from the Integra, they will need to be connected to the Saffire via the Integra's other analog jacks.

You'll still be able to access the Integra using MIDI (and use the various Integra editor's available) by way of the USB connection.

If you haven't done so already, be sure to go to the Roland website and download all the manuals and editors (and/or iPad apps via iTunes). The Integra is a very powerful beast, and can be a bit intimidating at first, but the time spent really learning how to use it will be well worth it! : )
RvdVeen

Post by RvdVeen »

Hey everyone,

Good news! Received my S/PDIF cable today, and everything works perfectly!
I set up the USB Driver in the Integra-7 for MIDI ONLY. and it works very nicely!

I did notice when i try to set up my Input/Output device in the VST as integra it gives me a error: MIDI INPUT/OUTPUT PORT CONNECT FAILED: INTEGRA-7

Even though the integra-7 receives MIDI input perfectly... But the VST wont work. Pretty weird.
onerous

Post by onerous »

Robert,
Please once again look at early mentioned link, http://www.youtubeslow.com/watch?v=3dfEFVzM9uc but this time in slowmotion. Don't care about foreign language, just follow his mouse pointer. I'll try to write step by step instruction, if you, in the meantime, don't solve the problem.
Regards,
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

RvdVeen wrote:Hey everyone,

Good news! Received my S/PDIF cable today, and everything works perfectly!
I set up the USB Driver in the Integra-7 for MIDI ONLY. and it works very nicely!

I did notice when i try to set up my Input/Output device in the VST as integra it gives me a error: MIDI INPUT/OUTPUT PORT CONNECT FAILED: INTEGRA-7

Even though the integra-7 receives MIDI input perfectly... But the VST wont work. Pretty weird.
Be sure to download and check the setup instructions in the Integra-7 Ver 2 Editor Install Guide.
It will show you the DAW MIDI driver selections you need to make to support the Editor.

You should see a couple of MIDI devices listed in your DAW for the Integra ~
The device you'll need to use for the Editor to function properly is "INTEGRA 7-CTRL".
The setup guide will step you through it.

All your other DAW MIDI I/O requirements for the Integra will be handled through the basic "INTEGRA-7" MIDI device.

Glad you were able to work through your audio issues!! : )

Randy
RvdVeen

Post by RvdVeen »

Hello!

After i changed my setup to Spdif+usb(midi only) the option integra-disapeared. Its probably a option i missed on the integra itself so ill fiddle around with the options when i get the time today!

And if anyone knows what option enables the integra-ctrl, dont hold back hehe

R.
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

You'll still need to use the VENDOR driver mode on the Integra itself ~
that should enable both devices in your DAW.

You'll see the Integra now listed as an audio device as well, but don't enable it since you'll be using your Saffire instead.
RvdVeen

Post by RvdVeen »

Your right rr2011 !

Awesome, everything works now. Thanks alot everyone, i gotta scroll through 7000 sounds now!!! lol

Thanks PauloF, onerous & rr2011 , you guys rock!

Robert
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

Glad everything worked out!

Here's a few more sound libraries to check out for the Integra ~
In case you get bored with the stock sounds ; )

http://axial.roland.com/category/integra-7/

Also, be sure to check out the Integra "Guidebook" and "Parameter Guide" downloads (along with a few others) from the Roland website. LOTS of info in these guides on how to tap into the hidden features of many of the stock Integra sounds.

Have fun!!

Randy