Factory reset question?

Forum for Integra 7
GlynH

Factory reset question?

Post by GlynH »

Hi there, just purchased a used Integra 7 to replace my JV-2080 and 6 SR-JV80 boards and wanted to verify if any of the factory data gets wiped as part of the restore procedure?

I have learnt the hard way what happens when you reset a Korg M1/M1R a and Triniity for example and all of the glorious default sounds are replaced by a basic tone which renders there instrument useless until such times as a restore can be carried out.

So before I go into the menu and factory reset the Integra I wanted to make sure all of the sounds (apart from any saved user sounds maybe) will be intact following the reset.

Any other problems that might arise from the reset I need to be aware of? Loss of network settings perhaps?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
PauloF

Re: Factory reset question?

Post by PauloF »

GlynH wrote:Hi there, just purchased a used Integra 7 to replace my JV-2080 and 6 SR-JV80 boards and wanted to verify if any of the factory data gets wiped as part of the restore procedure?

I have learnt the hard way what happens when you reset a Korg M1/M1R a and Triniity for example and all of the glorious default sounds are replaced by a basic tone which renders there instrument useless until such times as a restore can be carried out.

So before I go into the menu and factory reset the Integra I wanted to make sure all of the sounds (apart from any saved user sounds maybe) will be intact following the reset.

Any other problems that might arise from the reset I need to be aware of? Loss of network settings perhaps?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
A factory reset does not destroy the PRESET Sounds whatever type they might be, HOWEVER it will destroy all USER type data, like all STUDIO SETS you created and the TONES you saved in any category and also the SYSTEM SETTINGS!!! so, you should always do a BACKUP to USB flash drive prior to attempt a Factory Reset.
Yggintop

Post by Yggintop »

You are the master of all What you most want to be like.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Yggintop wrote:You are the master of all What you most want to be like.
Welcome to the Clan Yggintop!
I hope you like it here

If you refer to me, no I'm not a master of anything. Always a learner that likes to share the little I know with others, like others did and do with me everyday.

Cheers,
PauloF