is there a way to load every thing from axial

Forum for Integra 7
iowagold

is there a way to load every thing from axial

Post by iowagold »

is there a way to load every thing from axial on the integra 7??

http://axial.roland.com/category/integra-7/

I wish they had all the sounds in one file...
not sure on how may are up there yet...
in sounds we are at 512 user..
on the sound studio sets what is the limit?
Monkey Man

Re: is there a way to load every thing from axial

Post by Monkey Man »

OK, I'm gonna make this simple for you, iowagold:

On the Axial site, these are the redundant sets that use Synth Legends lib patches for layers and include only duplicates of said patches, so Ignore them unless pre-layered Studio Sets are important to you (you can easily layer anything you like anyway, so I fail to see the point of these). IOW, the MonkeyMethod™ is to ignore these:

Dream_Rack_Shorty_powered_by_Synth_Legends
Dream_Rack_Synth_Bass_powered_by_Synth_Legends
JUNO-60_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
JUNO-106_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
JUPITER-6_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
JUPITER-8_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
SH-101_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
SH-101_Collection_Pure_powered_by_Synth_Legends
TB-303_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
TB-303_Collection_Pure_powered_by_Synth_Legends

These are the sounds from which the above sets are derived, so you'll want them:

INTEGRA-7_Euro_Attack_Synth
INTEGRA-7_NYC_Nightlife_Remix_Collection
INTEGRA-7_Sounds_of_Summer_2014
INTEGRA-7_Super_Super_Saw

... and choose one of these as they're identical except for the FX / no FX aspect:

INTEGRA-7_Synth_Legends (With FX)
INTEGRA-7_Synth_LegendsPure (No FX)

Now you'll be able to install them all and still have plenty of room left over for your own tweaks!

To save you even more hassle, here are the locations and slot numbers I installed everything into after much experimentation and changes over time:

Studio Sets
INTEGRA-7 Synth Legends > Studio Sets 17-48 (leaving factory 01->16 intact)

Patches
INTEGRA-7 Synth Legends > Super Natural Synth User Bank 1 - 128
INTEGRA-7 Euro Attack Synth > Super Natural Synth User Bank 129 - 274
INTEGRA-7 NYC Nightlife Remix Collection > Super Natural Synth User Bank 275 - 303
INTEGRA-7 Sounds of Summer 2014 > Super Natural Synth User Bank 304 - 327
INTEGRA-7 Super Super Saw > Super Natural Synth User Bank 328 - 367

So, you'll have slots 368->512 free for your own creative madness!

Have fun. Beer to be sent to:

Monkey Man
Rolly Ave
Jungleville
OzTrailer
iowagold

Post by iowagold »

Ty for the info MM.
take an extra bunch of bananas with you!! GRIN!!

Is there a way to expand the I7 for more memory slots??
wish it had more user memory room...

I guess I could save the studio sets and patches and reload as projects....

is there a limit on the usb flash drive size??

yea I can see 3 more i7 units here...
in the studio...

love the sounds I get from the I7...

still reinventing "my sound" old analog guy.... I like the idea of having presets now...
soooo many different patches out there... lots of time invested for sure!!
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

I'd love 3 units but I'm aiming for 2, and even that will max out my DAW-input count, and only so I can have the dance boards loaded permanently in one and the more-standard stuff such as S Strings, Orchestra, Big Brass and Studio SRX (for the congas only!) in the other.

No way to expand, I'm afraid.

Tweak your patches from within the Studio Sets (just like with all the older JV & JD units), and save with a single bulk sysex dump of the set used in any given project. Your edits will all be contained within the Studio Set. If you want to keep a patch's settings "permanently", just overwrite the existing one in whichever User area it came from originally (SN, PCM, DRM etc.). I suspect this location will come up as the default when you hit "Save". Actually, I don't know how to do this, but this can be done with all the other units I mentioned, so I assume it'll be fine on the I-7. My unit's just sitting there waiting for me to start working, and I'm waiting too. Mucho financial issues and still trying to piece other gear together.

I don't think there's a limit on the USB flash size, either lower or upper. Patches take up very-little room anyway, so I use the smallest sticks I can find.

Glad you like the sounds, man, and thank you for the bananas! Now, to eat them or brew Jungleville's favourite MonkeyStout™...
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

I'm updating this Monkey-recommended means of assembling the Axial sounds - 2018-03-27:

On the Axial site, these are the redundant sets that use Synth Legends lib patches for layers and include only duplicates of said patches, so Ignore them unless pre-layered Studio Sets are important to you (you can easily layer anything you like anyway, so I fail to see the point of these). IOW, the MonkeyMethod™ is to ignore these:

Dream_Rack_Shorty_powered_by_Synth_Legends
Dream_Rack_Synth_Bass_powered_by_Synth_Legends
JUNO-60_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
JUNO-106_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
JUPITER-6_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
JUPITER-8_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
SH-101_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
SH-101_Collection_Pure_powered_by_Synth_Legends
TB-303_Collection_powered_by_Synth_Legends
TB-303_Collection_Pure_powered_by_Synth_Legends

These are the sounds from which the above sets are derived, so you'll want them.
Choose one of these sets as they're identical except for the FX / no FX aspect:

INTEGRA-7_Synth_Legends (With FX)
INTEGRA-7_Synth_LegendsPure (No FX)

These sets are original, so grab them:

INTEGRA-7_Euro_Attack_Synth
INTEGRA-7_Janne Wirman (COB) Signature Sound Collection
INTEGRA-7_NYC_Nightlife_Remix_Collection
INTEGRA-7_Sounds_of_Summer_2014
INTEGRA-7_Super_Super_Saw

Now you'll be able to install them all and still have plenty of room left over for your own tweaks!

Note that the Janne Wirman download comprises 21 Studio Sets, 3 PCM Synth and only 2 SN-S patches. Also, you'll have to load the SRX-06 and SRX-07 boards in order to play the PCM tones properly. I haven't loaded any of this set yet, so am unsure what I'll do. My guess is that I'll ignore the Studio Sets and PCM tones, placing the SN-S ones at the end of my User collection, so I'll update the breakdown below accordingly.

Here are the locations and slot numbers I installed everything into after much experimentation and changes over time:

Studio Sets
INTEGRA-7 Synth Legends > Studio Sets 17-48 (leaving factory 01->16 intact)

Patches
INTEGRA-7 Synth Legends > Super Natural Synth User Bank 1 - 128
INTEGRA-7 Euro Attack Synth > Super Natural Synth User Bank 129 - 274
INTEGRA-7 NYC Nightlife Remix Collection > Super Natural Synth User Bank 275 - 303
INTEGRA-7 Sounds of Summer 2014 > Super Natural Synth User Bank 304 - 327
INTEGRA-7 Super Super Saw > Super Natural Synth User Bank 328 - 367
INTEGRA-7 Janne Wirman Signature Sound Collection > Super Natural Synth User Bank 368 - 369

So, you'll have slots 370->512 free for your own creative madness!

Have fun. Beer to be sent to:

Monkey Man
Rolly Ave
Jungleville
OzTrailer
melvinhare

Post by melvinhare »

I've been meaning to get round to sorting the axial downloads ...

Much appreciated.

M
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

I meant to thank you yesterday but the board wouldn't let me reply for some reason, Melvin, so...

Thank you for the thanks, mate. I'm just glad it's helped someone out.

I found it very-confusing looking at the Axial INTEGRA-7 page, so once I'd figured it all out, I simply had to try to make it easier for others.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote:I meant to thank you yesterday but the board wouldn't let me reply for some reason, Melvin, so...

Thank you for the thanks, mate. I'm just glad it's helped someone out.

I found it very-confusing looking at the Axial INTEGRA-7 page, so once I'd figured it all out, I simply had to try to make it easier for others.
Big kudos for you brother M!

Cheers,
PauloF
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Thank you, Brother P!

So glad you're still here, bud. Hope you're OK.

Still gotta get those sysex files for specifying ROM boards from ya. 2nd INTEGRA coming soon, but I'll still need to be able to fire off instructions from DP for song setup. No major hurry, just some time soon...
Archeomuse

Post by Archeomuse »

Brilliant approach to loading all Axial stuff without redundancy! Thank you for the hard work, time investment, and thoughtful planning it took to accomplish this feat! Going to set up mine like this immediately. Are any SRX or ExSN boards required to do this? Or can it be done using just the internal SN and PCM sounds? If SRX or ExSN boards have to be used, what is your recommendation on the slots to load them in? Hoping to load as few as possible with the same result in order to have room for the largest drum libraries - mainly SRX-01, SRX-05, SRX-08. The ExSN6 also has my attention being more SN drum kits. I will be taking a similar approach with drum tones by avoiding redundancy. If each loaded board offers different samples than the internal then great! If they are just manipulations of internal SN or PCM tones I will just grab the parameter settings and duplicate internally, and save to a user tone - eliminating the need to load it in a precious slot!
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

My pleasure, mate!

No, it doesn't matter which boards you have loaded; the Axial stuff uses mainly (if not entirely) the internal SNS engine AFAIK.

As for your drum question, no, the virtual boards use their own PCM-data sets, so you won't have redundancy with the drums in your described scenario, AFAIK.
Archeomuse

Post by Archeomuse »

That is fabulous news on both subjects! I can't change the spots on a leapard, but I can change the Integra into a V-drums TD-30/50 LOL! This plus triggering horn stabs and other keyboard phrases will take my playing to the next level, which is what sold me on the Integra (farewell JV-1080, old pal). Hopefully I'll eventually find a shortcut to zero out a perameter by pressing two buttons like the JV instead of initializing the whole partial and having to redial every little thing. That shuttle wheel is starting to take on too many miles LOL. Guess I could eventually use the stand-alone editor but will miss the shortcut when not at my PC.
Archeomuse

Post by Archeomuse »

If I overwrote the stock Roland ones (backup first) and ignored the Janne Wirman ones (loaded SRX-07 but not SRX-6) I would have enough bank space left over (145?) to load the Synth Legends Pure correct? I noticed in your 1st post that you mentioned to get one of them (with or without effects) but didn't mention a suggested map on where to load them. In your 2nd post Synth Legends Pure / FX weren't mentioned at all, and again no suggested map on where to load them. Is this because you discovered something since then? I'm sure you can tell I'm not a great sound architect (yet LOL) so this is my attempt to cram as much into the unit, explore, then eventually condense (eliminate what I'm not interested in to make a little room if needed, then load the Janne Wirman last since it takes only a few spaces. Kind of unorthadox way of doing it on my part - more of a subtractive approach after the load up but I'm abnormal anyway LOL. Getting organized is serious stuff that eventually influences workflow and your input, thoughts, and expertise is greatly appreciated so thank you!
Archeomuse

Post by Archeomuse »

I may be confused in the first part of my post(delerious from lack of sleep). It looks like I got studio sets mixed up with patches - I'll need to recalculate all of this.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Yup, it's all laid out in my post, mate. Studio Sets & Patches.

Studio Sets 49->64 will still be empty for your own additions.
Patch slots 370->512 will also be empty.