Integra-7 with Logic Pro X

Forum for Integra 7
MarkBond

Integra-7 with Logic Pro X

Post by MarkBond »

Thanks for your posts about Integra-7. I have been a long-time JV-5080 user, with a bunch of expansion cards. I've had a bugger of a time getting Logic to easily connect/control the browsing of my 5080 library, (a similar headache to what has been described with with the massive Integra-7 library). I've finally just given up making the 5080 easily work in a modern workflow.

I'm hoping to purchase an Integra-7 to replace my 5080. I was envisioning using it like this:
1. Connect to Mac via USB for audio input and MIDI connectivity.
2. Browse/Choose sounds via plugin in Logic. (Like a software synth plugin)
3. Record/playback multiple parts on various tracks.
4. Bounce midi tracks to audio for final mix.

Question:
Is this workflow actually feasible with the Integra-7? Are any of you having success with a similar scenario? I'm in love with the 5080 sounds, and even much more with the SuperNatural sound sets. I love the idea of easily integrating a rack mount hardware synth into Logic with the ease of using a plugin synth module. I do have an iPad that I can use to help ease the librarian/editing of multi's and patches on the Integra. But I'd like to be able to do the bulk of the exploring and auditioning of parts within Logic for the creative process.

Thanks in advance for your valuable insight!