Integra 7 as audio card for iPad

Forum for Integra 7
wave

Integra 7 as audio card for iPad

Post by wave »

As in the subject, is this possibile and how to configure it?

Thanks
tomkitel

Re: Integra 7 as audio card for iPad

Post by tomkitel »

As far as I can tell this doesn't work which is one of these silly omissions Roland is known for. Maybe somebody found a workaround?

Tom
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

tomkitel wrote:As far as I can tell this doesn't work which is one of these silly omissions Roland is known for. Maybe somebody found a workaround?

Tom
There are Audio cards for iPAD, but those ones do not count here...

Can you configure any other "normal" external USB Audio card (say a Presonus, a focusrite, an Appogee, etc) as iPAD audio card?

in case you can't, should bash all those brands too?
Don't think so
voxg

Post by voxg »

Yes, you can configure "normal" USB audio devices to work with the iPad. They just have to be class-compliant. For example, the Korg Kronos can send and receive both audio and MIDI to/from the iPad over a USB cable. Same for the Focusrite Scarlett USB line of devices. These are just a couple of examples -- most USB audio/MIDI devices should work.

The same issue makes other Roland devices (e.g., SonicCell and the previous generation of PCR controllers) incompatible with Windows 10 and recent versions of Mac OS, because Roland doesn't update the drivers. By contrast, class-compliant devices will always work.

The good news is that in the past year or 2, it seems like more of Roland's products are class-compliant, so it's getting better.
tomkitel

Post by tomkitel »

PauloF wrote:
tomkitel wrote:As far as I can tell this doesn't work which is one of these silly omissions Roland is known for. Maybe somebody found a workaround?

Tom
There are Audio cards for iPAD, but those ones do not count here...

Can you configure any other "normal" external USB Audio card (say a Presonus, a focusrite, an Appogee, etc) as iPAD audio card?

in case you can't, should bash all those brands too?
Don't think so
No bashing intended. I am a long time Roland user even though many of their product decisions are completely inexplicable and this is one of them. The innovative iPad editor is working wirelessly with the Integra. But at the same time they don't make Integra audio interface class compliant? Want more inexplicable Roland examples like that? I could tell you quite a few...
tomkitel

Post by tomkitel »

voxg wrote:The same issue makes other Roland devices (e.g., SonicCell and the previous generation of PCR controllers) incompatible with Windows 10 and recent versions of Mac OS, because Roland doesn't update the drivers. By contrast, class-compliant devices will always work.
Not updating drivers for the most widely used OS is just another example of Roland's ignorance...
Happy

Post by Happy »

Interestingly, Microsoft just released a USB 2.0 Class compliant driver since MS class compliant driver was only USB 1.0 It's a bit hard to find. but it's there. After installation of the driver, you need to change to this driver in the device manager. Tried it, but that the class compliant 2.0 driver fails with the Focus-rite Scarlett which is class complaint. Go figure. Have not tried this driver with the I7 though.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Happy wrote:Interestingly, Microsoft just released a USB 2.0 Class compliant driver since MS class compliant driver was only USB 1.0 It's a bit hard to find. but it's there. After installation of the driver, you need to change to this driver in the device manager. Tried it, but that the class compliant 2.0 driver fails with the Focus-rite Scarlett which is class complaint. Go figure. Have not tried this driver with the I7 though.
Good tip Happy, I have both products and will test them too with my W10 test machine ...