Auto loading of Expansions with Studio Set

Forum for Integra 7
adriangin

Auto loading of Expansions with Studio Set

Post by adriangin »

Is there a way to do this?

I seem quite miffed that Expansion Set selection is not saved with the Studio Set. This means when you load a studio set which uses waveform data from say SRX or SNx expansions the part does not sound at all if it is not loaded.

There is a 'workaround' by using KTake's program where you can save and load entire unit snapshots including the StudioSet and Expansion Set selection, but what if I don't want to use a computer with it live on stage?

I'd like to be able to hit program change to another studio set and have the relevant expansions loaded automatically. Is there a way? Or do I need to RTFM again?

Cheers
PauloF

Re: Auto loading of Expansions with Studio Set

Post by PauloF »

adriangin wrote:Is there a way to do this?

I seem quite miffed that Expansion Set selection is not saved with the Studio Set. This means when you load a studio set which uses waveform data from say SRX or SNx expansions the part does not sound at all if it is not loaded.

There is a 'workaround' by using KTake's program where you can save and load entire unit snapshots including the StudioSet and Expansion Set selection, but what if I don't want to use a computer with it live on stage?

I'd like to be able to hit program change to another studio set and have the relevant expansions loaded automatically. Is there a way? Or do I need to RTFM again?

Cheers
Well, that is possible to do that without a computer, using SysEx commands from a MIDI controller / keyboard.

Although with limited scope, I'm doing that with my PCR-800 in two steps

1- loading the required Studio set
2- loading the set of Expansions to match the Studioset if required

Edited: what I meant by limited scope is that I only use a few expansion combinations and I configured them as Templates ( 3), that I most commonly use, each one assigned to a Pad, but my idea is to expand that to have each Expansion to its own pad, loading it to a specific slot, but as that will require lots of buttons that my controller does not have, I need to stick to the templates, that for my needs are just fine. No computers needed except to configure the SysEx strings into the PCR
adriangin

Post by adriangin »

Seems a bit overkill to use an external MIDI Sequencer capable of sending SysEx to do the expansion slot change. Wonder why it's not part of the studio set?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

adriangin wrote:Seems a bit overkill to use an external MIDI Sequencer capable of sending SysEx to do the expansion slot change. Wonder why it's not part of the studio set?
Yes it does seem overkill, but Exp changes it is not part of the StudioSet, so the MIDI is much easier that having a computer, as we do need a Keyboard anyway...

It's just two SysEx commands in sequence, not a big deal