Newbie: Are Parts hard connected to Midi-Channels?

Forum for Integra 7
Michael56

Newbie: Are Parts hard connected to Midi-Channels?

Post by Michael56 »

Hi, I work occasionally with Roland Integra 7 and have no deep experience with the handling.
A problem, which I encountered is for me, that the Integras parts seem to be connected with the Midi channels.
E.g., when I change the part number, also the Midi channel number changes, so it is not possible to attach an arbitrary Part to a Midi-channel.

Can anybody please give me some advice?
lol

Re: Newbie: Are Parts hard connected to Midi-Channels?

Post by lol »

Rtfm!
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

Yeah, you really should read the manual as this is a very basic feature... but then lol answer was a little rude I think.

[/Begin Spoonfeeding]
Press the "Part View" button. use cursors to go to the "Level/CH" tab. From there change the midi channel "Ch". See page 30 of the manual for more details.
[/End Spoonfeeding]

LA
Michael56

Post by Michael56 »

Sorry for basic questions, a friend of mine lended me this device for a short time to solve his technical problems, but I myself have some difficulties.
Thank you for your useful answer!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Michael56 wrote:Sorry for basic questions, a friend of mine lended me this device for a short time to solve his technical problems, but I myself have some difficulties.
Thank you for your useful answer!
The default configuration is Part1=MIDI channel 1, Partn=MIDI channel n, but you can assign any Part to any MIDI channel, including several parts to the same MIDI channel

Cheers,
PauloF