limiting play to just 1 midi channel

Forum for Integra 7
shawnsbrain66

limiting play to just 1 midi channel

Post by shawnsbrain66 »

I'm using an iOS app called imidipatchbay to control my Integra 7 (and also Yamaha motif rack).
Anyway, I have the Integra 7 set to receive patch changes on midi channel 16.
My patch changes work, but there is also data showing on midi ch 1 and midi ch 15??
So I'll end up with the patch I want on ch 16, plus whatever is on midi ch1 or whatever.
I don't quite understand how this is happening.
How can I turn off all the other midi channels on the Integra 7 except for 16?
LA Keys

Re: limiting play to just 1 midi channel

Post by LA Keys »

You cannot turn off a midi channel from the Integra, this is done from your controller (Your iOS app in this case) but you can make the I-7 to stop responding to any channel you want.

For that you will either make sure none of the 16 parts is assigned to the channel you want to "turn off" or you will turn off the RX switch of any parts assigned to that channel. (By default part 1 is assigned to ch 1 up to part 16 assigned to ch 16)

To do this go to the "Part View" screen (Press "part view" button (see p 30 of the manual)). From there either change the channel or turn off the RX switch (identified as 'Sw') for any channel you want.

LA
shawnsbrain66

Post by shawnsbrain66 »

that was helpful. thanks
theshine

Post by theshine »

Can you set all midi channels to say channel 14 on the integra in a studio set? I know you can do this on the FA series, but I'm looking at possible purchasing an integra soon and owned one about 4 or 5 years ago and recall I have problems with patches on all channels changing when my master keyboard changed. I want to be able to assign the sounds I want to sound to channel 14 and all others not respond unless I set their channels to 14 for example.

Scott
theshine

Post by theshine »

So on further research, I've found you can set the multiple channels to the same midi channel. However patch volume becomes as issue. On the FA series I was able to overcome this by using the midi filter, but it doesnt appear the integra has a midi filter page like the FA?

May mean the integra won't suit my setup.
apex

Post by apex »

You can definitely turn off every channel on the Integra. Just set each channel where it won't receive any midi data. I hope I'm understanding your question correctly. I'm not I'm front of my module currently but I'll check to see exactly how to do it when I am.
apex

Post by apex »

You can use the iPad app to control the volume of the individual channels separately but still trigger them with the same midi channel. (Layers/splits)