I got my Ipad. Whats next?

Forum for Integra 7
BlackMaskAttacks

I got my Ipad. Whats next?

Post by BlackMaskAttacks »

I got a 32 GB Ipad. Just updated it to IOS 10.3.3 version.
I have loaded down the Integra editor app. The version of the editor is 1.0.0.
I guess that version is pretty old.
What version do you guys have? Do I need a 64 GB Ipad to make this thing work?
I don´t know anything about this.
BlackMaskAttacks

Re: I got my Ipad. Whats next?

The Integra and my ipad is now connected. I can do changes in the editor on the ipad and it seems to work.
Now I just need to learn how the editor works.
BlackMaskAttacks

I just saw that I needed a 64 GB Ipad. The 32 GB doesnt accept the updates from Roland.
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

I'm not even sure if it has ever been updated. I'm on an old iPad mini and it works fine.

How are you getting on with it.
BlackMaskAttacks

I honestly doesnt understand jack shit of this.
The only version I could get down on my Ipad was the editor 1.0 version I think it was. And that version is strickly limited.
Dont know If they uppgraded it.
I sold my Ipad. A way to much money just for this.
I use the hardware editing on the integra now. It works.
Do you got any better version of the editor?
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

I think not. Sorry.
Seems to be Roland trait. I get on well with the iPad programme but why the limitations Roland.
BlackMaskAttacks

Holy crap. Some of the sounds could not be edited at all in that editor. Its the year 2017. How hard could it be to make an editor with full capacity? Come on. I dont get it. It seems like man never landed on the Moon back in 1969.
If Roland make a much better version of the editor then I maybe get an Ipad.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

BlackMaskAttacks wrote:Holy crap. Some of the sounds could not be edited at all in that editor. Its the year 2017. How hard could it be to make an editor with full capacity? Come on. I dont get it. It seems like man never landed on the Moon back in 1969.
The man landed on the Moon, but not the way they have told us they did! But that is another story ;-)

The iOS editor has some limited functionality and was meant only to deal with SuperNatural tones and the Expansion card loading/unloading/changing.
For PCM tones (SRXs included), you have to use the Roland MAC editor, the K-Take Editor (Mac and PC) or the Integra-7 panel itself...

Regarding the 32GB vs 64GB iPad, a 32GB iPad works perfectly. The only difference being the capacity to hold more programs on the 64GB one...

Take care
PauloF
BlackMaskAttacks

PauloF wrote:
BlackMaskAttacks wrote:Holy crap. Some of the sounds could not be edited at all in that editor. Its the year 2017. How hard could it be to make an editor with full capacity? Come on. I dont get it. It seems like man never landed on the Moon back in 1969.
The man landed on the Moon, but not the way they have told us they did! But that is another story ;-)

The iOS editor has some limited functionality and was meant only to deal with SuperNatural tones and the Expansion card loading/unloading/changing.
For PCM tones (SRXs included), you have to use the Roland MAC editor, the K-Take Editor (Mac and PC) or the Integra-7 panel itself...

Regarding the 32GB vs 64GB iPad, a 32GB iPad works perfectly. The only difference being the capacity to hold more programs on the 64GB one...

Take care
PauloF
Yeah. I use the Integra panel to edit now and it works just fine. With the Fantom and the Integra together you got so much sounds to choose from.
You dont have to do so much hard core editing.
Just scrolling thru the hundreds of wave forms you often find what you want.
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

Yeah. I use the Integra panel to edit now and it works just fine. With the Fantom and the Integra together you got so much sounds to choose from.
You dont have to do so much hard core editing.
Just scrolling thru the hundreds of wave forms you often find what you want.[/quote]

I'm happy with the iPad editor. As you say. The amount of sounds that you have are sort of edits and tweaks of other patches anyway.
On my Matrixbrute, a few of the pots have cc changes that effect the I7. So happy days.
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

Roland make an excellent editor for the Mac. Integrates into Logic way better than that crappy ipad editor.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

jerry_merry wrote:
Roland make an excellent editor for the Mac. Integrates into Logic way better than that crappy ipad editor.
Completely agree, but honestly...I don't see an Editor being of vital use for performance or normal usage, except for heavy tweaking. Then you save your work in the corresponding Parts/Studio Sets and that's it. In case there is the need to light tweaks, a Keyboard controller will do it nicely. No need for Editor (nor the computer) at all. But of course, that's me!

cheers,
PauloF