Studio Set Effects problems when changing parts!

Forum for Integra 7
Ivan Jochner

Studio Set Effects problems when changing parts!

Post by Ivan Jochner »

Hi ROLAND folks,

Desperately need help , this problem drives me nuts and has been mentioned already on this form, but I still have not found the solution…
The problem is as follows:

1. Patch “Grand Piano ‘ is chosen as a 1 st part on channel 1 in Studio set.

2.After tweaking some Reverb, Chorus, Attack etc on this patch and switching to another patch for example Guitar Distortion (the same part 1)...
... ALL of the effects of a Grand are transferred to Guitar patch ! (Which by default are supposed to be reset for the new patch parameters?)

I am using Yamaha Motif Xs as a master controller ( it does not have such patch effects problems at all in any mode )

If it is done by ROLAND on purpose so ROLAND please explain the reason behind it ???

If its a just an exident fault by software engeneers be so kind to fix it!!! Please!!!

This pain in the neck situation has been under my skin for a couple of weeks now…
So any advise is appreciated!
Thanx!
Ivan
PauloF

Re: Studio Set Effects problems when changing parts!

Post by PauloF »

Ivan Jochner wrote:Hi ROLAND folks,

Desperately need help , this problem drives me nuts and has been mentioned already on this form, but I still have not found the solution…
The problem is as follows:

1. Patch “Grand Piano ‘ is chosen as a 1 st part on channel 1 in Studio set.

2.After tweaking some Reverb, Chorus, Attack etc on this patch and switching to another patch for example Guitar Distortion (the same part 1)...
... ALL of the effects of a Grand are transferred to Guitar patch ! (Which by default are supposed to be reset for the new patch parameters?)

I am using Yamaha Motif Xs as a master controller ( it does not have such patch effects problems at all in any mode )

If it is done by ROLAND on purpose so ROLAND please explain the reason behind it ???

If its a just an exident fault by software engeneers be so kind to fix it!!! Please!!!

This pain in the neck situation has been under my skin for a couple of weeks now…
So any advise is appreciated!
Thanx!
Ivan
That is happening because the main Eq, Chorus and Reverb are not Part parameters but General parameters that apply to the whole StudioSet.
You can do is to tweak the relative send level of Chorus/Reverb to each different Part, but those effects settings will be exactly the same for the whole Studio set.

However, all other 67 MFX effects are configurable per Part (Chorus, Delays, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, bit crushers, etc), as the integra has a MFX block per part (not all synths have a MFX block per part).
Ivan Jochner

Post by Ivan Jochner »

Thanks a lot for the reply anyway!!!

Is there any chance to avoid working in a "Studio set" and to choose a "Program mode" instead?
I did not find any "Program mode" so far....

(Only "Part view" is there which is about like Program mode and changing patches in this mode leads to nothing. It still has unchanged effects in it.)

ROLAAAAAAAAND FOR THE SAKE OF ALL SAINTS FIX THAT PROBLEM!!!

( Plus many more problems to come and one of them will be an unusable Ipad Editor)!!!
In a sense of that there are only nice icons for selecting patches and barely anything for editing programs.
On the top of that even if you edit something on Integra -Ipad does not( mimic) follow it and vise versa.

Really? instead of stupid "Motional Surround" who i believe our days nobody of studio engineers use, you guys better make PROPER machine which can make life easier for LIVE musicians!

( Have over there in JAPAN chinese managers taken over????????? Seriously?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Ivan Jochner wrote:Thanks a lot for the reply anyway!!!

Is there any chance to avoid working in a "Studio set" and to choose a "Program mode" instead?
I did not find any "Program mode" so far....

(Only "Part view" is there which is about like Program mode and changing patches in this mode leads to nothing. It still has unchanged effects in it.)

ROLAAAAAAAAND FOR THE SAKE OF ALL SAINTS FIX THAT PROBLEM!!!

( Plus many more problems to come and one of them will be an unusable Ipad Editor)!!!
In a sense of that there are only nice icons for selecting patches and barely anything for editing programs.
On the top of that even if you edit something on Integra -Ipad does not( mimic) follow it and vise versa.

Really? instead of stupid "Motional Surround" who i believe our days nobody of studio engineers use, you guys better make PROPER machine which can make life easier for LIVE musicians!

( Have over there in JAPAN chinese managers taken over????????? Seriously?
The iPad Editor is limited but not totally unusuable (provided you don't upgrade the iPad to the latest iOS11...)

However there are much better ways to control your integra-7. Take a look to our fellow Rolandclan member K-Take. He produced very complete Editors for MAC and PC.

The Studio Set is similar to a Bank Select in other Synths, and it is actually very convenient. At least I use it that way.
Each Part of a StudioSet can be configured to be (almost) anything you want, including send CC and SysEx commands to Select the Sounds you want.

I use just a few StudioSets, which are just variations of the Main StudioSet, that is configured this way:
Part1: NOT USED
Part2: NOT USED
Part3: NOT USED
Part4: Strings --> MIDI channel 4
Part5: PADs --> MIDI channel 5
Part6: Lead Synths --> MIDI channel 6
Part7: Vox/Voices --> MIDI channel 7
Part8: Poly Synths --> MIDI channel 8
Part9: Basses --> MIDI channel 9
Part10: Drums --> MIDI channel 10
Part11: Acoustic Piano (SNA) --> MIDI channel 11
Part12: El.Piano --> MIDI channel 12
Part13: Pipe Organ --> MIDI channel 13
Part14: El.Guitar (SNA) --> MIDI Channel 14 (merged with Part 16)
Part15: Acoustic Guitar --> MIDI channel 15
Part16: El.Guitar (PCM) --> MIDI channel 14 (merged with Part14)

Regarding MIDI channels, at the moment I use the following setup for all my Synths:

MIDI channel 1: --> Yamaha MX49 Part1
MIDI channel 2: --> Yamaha MX49 Part2
MIDI channel 3: --> Korg iM1
MIDI channel 4: --> Integra-7 Part 4
MIDI channel 5: --> Integra-7 Part 5
MIDI channel 6: --> Integra-7 Part 6
MIDI channel 7: --> Integra-7 Part 7
MIDI channel 8: --> Integra-7 Part 8
MIDI channel 9: --> Integra-7 Part 9
MIDI channel 10: --> Integra-7 Part 10, Roland TR-8, MX-49 Part 10, DR-3 Part Drums
MIDI channel 11: --> Integra-7 Part 11
MIDI channel 12: --> Integra-7 Part 12
MIDI channel 13: --> Integra-7 Part 13
MIDI channel 14: --> Integra-7 Part 1 and 3
MIDI channel 15: --> Integra-7 Part 2
MIDI channel 16: --> SoftSynths

Cheers,
PauloF
Sutur

Post by Sutur »

Ivan Jochner wrote: ALL of the effects of a Grand are transferred to Guitar patch ! (Which by default are supposed to be reset for the new patch parameters?)

Ivan
It’s not a bug. Reverb and chorus settings are global for the studio set, it’s not part of the ‘Patch’. The Patch itself has a MFX. In fact, what you desperately want is something I definately don’t want. It would be redicolous if the set’s effects would change once you change a patch anywhere. Your wish makes no sense.

The I7 is a studio module, not a workstation. If you want the behaviour you described, get a Fantom G and use patch mode. You’d miss all the wonderful sounds of the I7 however.

And don’t rely on Roland support, since that is non-existant.

Cheers.
Ivan Jochner

Post by Ivan Jochner »

Thanx guys for reply!

I will have time to think over about Integra 7 possibilities ( which may not suite my needs like effect changes) but definitely try to sort it out.
Thanx again.

Ivan