Question About Expansions and Sounds

Forum for Integra 7
husker

Question About Expansions and Sounds

Post by husker »

I've been eyeing an Integra for quite some time. I purchased an FA08 last year, and am enjoying it quite a bit. I'm thinking the Integra would be a nice complement to the FA.

The FA has 11 expansion sets right now - I've been through several of them, and quite like many of the sounds. I am a little confused about the expansions of these units (Integra and FA), hopefully someone could help.

I know the Integra has close to 6000 sounds, and its own set of expansions (called SRX I guess). I don't know much of the history or Roland sounds, so I am not quite sure the genesis of those.

Would it be a fair statement to say that the Integra has all the sounds of the FA expansions? (Called EXP expansions).
anotherscott

Re: Question About Expansions and Sounds

Post by anotherscott »

husker wrote:The FA has 11 expansion sets right now
The first ten are essentially already built into the Integra (and you can load four of them at once, instead of two). The 11th is not. But the Integra also has many other sounds that are not in (or available for) the FA, including many more SuperNatural Acoustic tones.
PauloF

Re: Question About Expansions and Sounds

Post by PauloF »

anotherscott wrote:
husker wrote:The FA has 11 expansion sets right now
The first ten are essentially already built into the Integra (and you can load four of them at once, instead of two). The 11th is not. But the Integra also has many other sounds that are not in (or available for) the FA, including many more SuperNatural Acoustic tones.

The Integra-7 has:
- 12x SRX expansion "boards" from the old SRX collection of PCM boards
- 6x ExSN Expansin "boards", that in addition to the main SN Acoustic Tones include many other SN Acoustic sounds that do not exist in any previous Roland Synths (with the exception of the JU-80 and JU-50 that have some).
Note:A mix of the two types and up to 4 "boards" in total can be loaded into the 4 available slots
- 1x GM2 + HQ PCM that occupies the 4 Slots and contains High Quality 512 Tones + 19 Drum Kits of the past