Ipad Integra editor

Forum for Integra 7
kubes

Re: Ipad Integra editor

Post by kubes »

Hey dudes,

Have been in the App Store with my iPad a minute ago and saw integra app for download again. Successfully downloaded. Unfortunately it says it will not run under iOS 11, but it opens without any issues. Did not check functionality, cause I am still flashed that the app was available for download again. BTW not available for iPhones.
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

kubes wrote:Hey dudes,

Have been in the App Store with my iPad a minute ago and saw integra app for download again. Successfully downloaded. Unfortunately it says it will not run under iOS 11, but it opens without any issues. Did not check functionality, cause I am still flashed that the app was available for download again. BTW not available for iPhones.
Let us know if its ok .... And what is your ios version ?
Happy

Post by Happy »

Not supporting a product which still retails should be declared illegal. Roland still gets income from I7 sales and should find an engineer to recompile the code. If not, at least Roland could publish the source code on github for the community to work on it. That should count as well for the other I7 software when its goes EOL.

Unfortunately there is no law that says that supporting software for EOL hardware products should be made public.

This is one the reasons why I am more and more hesitating to invest in Roland products.

- No editor (JP80 etc...)
- Unsupported newer Os'es (this time I7 iOS)
- No public MIDI specifications to create an editor (Aira/Boutiques). yes some folks reverse engineered it.
- Or an editor/patch saver only through the (subscription) cloud (system 8).

But anyhow, someone may create an editor, not that it will make a lot of money. Most Editors are made out of passion for the product than for income gains, hope Roland will show such passion as well.

Perhaps use the power of social media and bomb Roland on FB and Twitter with complaints ?
kubes

Post by kubes »

bigmuz7 wrote:
kubes wrote:Hey dudes,

Let us know if its ok .... And what is your ios version ?
You are damn right...should have taken a look to my ios version first ;-) it's still 10.x
howardS

Post by howardS »

Whoa...they updated it to iOS 11!
SoundReverend

Post by SoundReverend »

Yes I saw that last night and immediately downloaded it before Roland pulls it again ;)

Hope they also release an update for JP80...
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

howardS wrote:Whoa...they updated it to iOS 11!
And it works far better than the last version too !