Ipad Integra editor

Forum for Integra 7
kubes

Re: Ipad Integra editor

Post by kubes »

Yup, know this page. The big question is if Roland is willing to spend some hours and let the app run under 64 bit as well. This is no rocket science and there is no successor for the Integra visible at the horizon that would make Roland decide not to support this product any longer. I really love this product and I would love this even more if I could edit the sounds on my iPad. Please Roland...Me and a lot of other Integra users hope that the iPad editor will be available and running under iOS11 soon again. This is something that really can be expected for a product in the range of 1500.- EUR. And you actively promote the editor in the product features as well. By doing so you are obviously not telling the truth and attract people with false facts, because when it is stated on your official website "INTEGRA-7 Editor für iPad" then I expect this refers always to the latest iOS.
Source: https://www.roland.com/de/products/integra-7/ date: Oct 18th, 2017.
I know that someone from Roland is definitely reading this...
tubwompus

Post by tubwompus »

I saw elsewhere on their site that an update is “under testing”.
Fingers crossed because I went on a waiting list to buy the iPad Pro 512 gig and a brand new Integra 7 simultaneously because of their compatibility. Grrr....
howardS

Post by howardS »

It's unfortunate they are not supporting it. An Integra came up on Craigslist recently in my area and I decided not to get it primarily due to iPad compatibility issues. Come on, Roland. This is not a way to support a product. Then again, Yamaha did the same thing with their MOX and MOXF keyboards. I have a MOX6 and they stopped supporting the USB connection to the iPad a long time ago yet they continued to support it on the MOXF.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

howardS wrote:It's unfortunate they are not supporting it. An Integra came up on Craigslist recently in my area and I decided not to get it primarily due to iPad compatibility issues.
The iPad app didn't do a whole lot anyway, and was never the only way to do something.
howardS wrote:Yamaha did the same thing with their MOX and MOXF keyboards. I have a MOX6 and they stopped supporting the USB connection to the iPad a long time ago yet they continued to support it on the MOXF.
As I understand it, Apple did something in an iOS upgrade that broke Yamaha's implementation. It's possible that it was not fixable on the existing MOX hardware. Regardless, you can still connect the MOX to the iPad using MIDI rather than USB connections.
kubes

Post by kubes »

The iPad app didn't do a whole lot anyway, and was never the only way to do something.
It is rather not the range of functions, but the function to do at least something with this editor, which might be sufficient for 98% of the users.
And the iPad editor is a smart way to do something without connecting the PC
howardS

Post by howardS »

anotherscott wrote:The iPad app didn't do a whole lot anyway, and was never the only way to do something.
Agreed. That doesn't change the fact that many here do use the iPad alone for editing and changing patches in live situations and this option appears to have been taken away. I was considering simply adding my laptop to my rig along with the Integra but I already used the iPad and didn't want to have to bring both every time I wanted to use the Integra. I also wondered if Roland was thinking of bringing out another module since appeared to be stopping support of this one so I decided to put the decision on hold since it wasn't urgent for me to get it at this point.
anotherscott wrote:As I understand it, Apple did something in an iOS upgrade that broke Yamaha's implementation. It's possible that it was not fixable on the existing MOX hardware. Regardless, you can still connect the MOX to the iPad using MIDI rather than USB connections.
Again I agree that there is a workaround, anotherscott. There is almost always a workaround. My recollection is that they broke the implementation on the MOX and the MOXF but in the next update of firmware on the MOXF Yamaha fixed it. They never added the same "fix" though to the MOX since it was obviously an older piece of gear and they can obviously decide when to support or not support their product, just as it appears Roland has decided with the Integra.
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

So it looks like the only work around is to buy and old ipad ? .. rather an expensive work around when it still states on their web site that an editor is available, ? Technically it is, but there's no mention of what ios it refers to. I suppose a 10 minute web redesign to remove that comment on their site will be cheaper than a remake of the app, but that isnt good enough. The ipad I've been using needs updating for all the other apps I use on it .. so I'm going to have to make a decision, as the only reason I bought the I7 was because of the editor ... shame on you Roland .. Ive bought many of your products over the years, but I'm becoming disillusioned with your lack of support. Heres some advice for you ... bring out your own programmers like you used to for your synths, or redesign some of your products with better user interfaces, but don't con people into thinking their ios tablet, or any other branded tablet is a long term solution for easier manipulation of any of your products !
SoundReverend

Post by SoundReverend »

bigmuz7 wrote:So it looks like the only work around is to buy and old ipad ?
Unfortunately that won't help because you will not find the Apps in the App Store anymore. I am running an iPad ONE with the Integra App, let's hope it does not crash. Not sure if it will stay in my "Purchased Apps" list once it is not on my iPad anymore.

I wanted to install the JP Synth Editor for Jupiter 80 but that is no longer in the App Store. Bummer.

I have to admit though, that I don't really use the editor much. Mainly for installing one of the Sound Sets, that is easier than on the Integra screen.

At least there is a new driver for Mac on https://www.roland.com/us/products/integra-7/downloads/
No driver for the JP80. So discontinued=unsupported, that is not good, Roland!
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

Roland have pulled the Ipad editor from the AppleStore.

I got to be honest I used it a few times. But far prefer the Roland Integra-7 editor for Mac. It sits in the DAW and has far more editing functions than the ipad version ever had.
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

SoundReverend wrote:
bigmuz7 wrote:So it looks like the only work around is to buy and old ipad ?
Unfortunately that won't help because you will not find the Apps in the App Store anymore. I am running an iPad ONE with the Integra App, let's hope it does not crash. Not sure if it will stay in my "Purchased Apps" list once it is not on my iPad anymore.
Ok so my current ipad will now become my 'old' one *sighs* what a hopeless situation .. and to be fair .. the app crashes now and again anyway .. was in the middle of completing a whole new Studio set when writing a track last week when it crashed .. ffs .. every thing I had changed was lost, as I hadnt got to stage of saving the studio set list in the I7 GRRR
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

jerry_merry wrote:Roland have pulled the Ipad editor from the AppleStore.

I got to be honest I used it a few times. But far prefer the Roland Integra-7 editor for Mac. It sits in the DAW
I use Live and it doesnt support VST3 which IIRC the editor was ?
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

Well I dont know what the plan is .. because the UK website still says this for Integra 7

Flagship synth module with over 6,000 sounds built in
The latest SuperNATURAL sounds with enhanced Behavior Modeling technology for expressive acoustic instruments and accurate reproduction of performance articulations
Powerful SuperNATURAL synth engine with fat analog synth models and vintage filter types
Dynamic SuperNATURAL drum engine with natural tonal change derived from Roland V-Drums
Producer’s “must-have” SRX Expansion sound library built in; all 12 SRX titles included
Dedicated multi-effects and EQ for each part (16 parts), plus dedicated COMP+EQ (use six simultaneously) for drums and ambience parameters for SuperNATURAL drum kits
Innovative 17-part Motional Surround ambience engine for stereo, headphone, and 5.1-channel output
INTEGRA-7 Editor for iPad
SoundReverend

Post by SoundReverend »

bigmuz7 wrote:
jerry_merry wrote:Roland have pulled the Ipad editor from the AppleStore.

I got to be honest I used it a few times. But far prefer the Roland Integra-7 editor for Mac. It sits in the DAW
I use Live and it doesnt support VST3 which IIRC the editor was ?
I am pretty sure the AU Plugin works with Live. But only the 64bit version! Something we need to consider anyway in the near future as MacOs will be 64bit only with coming releases... I am still on 10.10, but with a new Mac...
iowagold

Post by iowagold »

back up your I pad asap!!
there is a way to save the editor!
so is some on with a better pay grade than me able to hack the down load and reproduce it??

I am not happy with both apple and roland on this issue!!
it was the main reason for spending 8k usd on integra 7's for the studio....
the ipad was the solution to fast quick edit.... and save too!!

I guess I should to have known better....
these days they are all just making another brick to sell....

as paying customers, we need to get to the point of revolution on the tech gear...
support should be 100 years or more!!
same with parts!!

look at the trends with music production audio...
old classic synths are back....
super old instruments are back.....
even vinyl records are back!!

I guess I am close to saying enough on the current state of electronics and computers....

preaching to the choir again..
but some on has to say something!!
and maybe start doing something as well!!

the rev, in Iowa
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

8K for an intega-7? Did the shop have large windows?