Simple Way to Scroll Through Favourite Patches

Forum for Integra 7
rkaczano2017

Simple Way to Scroll Through Favourite Patches

Post by rkaczano2017 »

I want to obtain a better understanding of how to simply scroll through some of my favourite patches on the Integra-7 via my MIDI keyboard. Note, I am not using the Editor software nor am I using the Integra as a VST in my DAW (at this point).

Firstly, I have figured out that I can load Parts into Studio Sets. I know I can create a Studio Set with 16 of my favourite Parts. On the Integra-7 interface I can put all 16 of these Parts on MIDI Channel #1 and then cursor down to Solo and effectively scroll through all 16 Parts in that Studio Set by using the Incr/Decr buttons. I am assuming that this is the simplest way to do so if I am only using the Integra-7 as the interface. Please confirm.

Secondly,if the above holds true, then I simply want to map the appropriate MIDI commands back to my MIDI controller (i.e. Nektar Panorama P49) to allow me to scroll through these Parts within a given Studio Set. How do I this? And how do I then map the appropriate commands to scroll through various Studio Sets?

Thanks
rkaczano2017

Re: Simple Way to Scroll Through Favourite Patches

Post by rkaczano2017 »

No takers on this?

How are others using their MIDI keyboards to scroll through their patches on the Integra-7?

Thanks
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

I use the AU editor in Logic to work through patch lists
SoundReverend

Post by SoundReverend »

I use an old Roland Masterkeyboard (MKB-300) that can send the 128 Program changes but does not send MSB/LSB, which is good. Because the Integra behaves in a way that it stays in a bank, so that you can go through 128, then change to 129 on the Integra and then start with 1 again on the MKB for the next 128. To me this is a very cool feature.

So right now I have set up each Part /Midi Channel with a different sound bank including the Expansions like Piano, Synths, E-Piano, Guitar etc and I can "scroll" the sounds within that bank with my MKB.

Now if Ableton would be so nice to send all 16 Midi Channels to a device (Which it does not, always one channel) I could change the Midi Channel on the MKB as well and would not have to touch my DAW. But it still works nice, I have a little Nanokontrol to arm the correct channel.

Hope the explanation makes sense.
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

I would put the patches with their own midichannels within the studioset and then on the midi controller just change the midichannel.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

0kk0p3kk4 wrote:I would put the patches with their own midichannels within the studioset and then on the midi controller just change the midichannel.
That is exactly what I do with my i7!! Damn easy

Cheers,
PauloF
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

IMO you need an ipad to get the best from it