LOADING EXPANSIONS VIA MIDI CONTROLL

Forum for Integra 7
Wonderer

Re: LOADING EXPANSIONS VIA MIDI CONTROLL

Post by Wonderer »

Monkey Man wrote:Does it matter if the order in the slots changes? IOW, do patches in one's multiset still see the ROM data if you swap the order around?

If the order doesn't matter, which I suspect it wouldn't, that'd be fantastic 'cause I could use these "ordered" sysex files to backup stuff no matter the order in the I-7.
The order doesn't matter to the Integra.
I've been meaning to visit the Netherlands for many decades, but haven't been able to afford a holiday in 30 years, so maybe you should come Down Under for that beer. Mighty-expensive beer that'll turn out to be, especially as it'd probably be a Löwenbräu, which is brewed next door to you in Germany. LOL
If not for the extended travelling, I would love to visit Australia. But for me, even 2 hours in a plane is a disaster, no smoking, no space, crappy seats, and extremely boring... Oh, and did I mention no smoking? LOL.

Once again, I cannot thank you enough, man. Thank you, Wonderer!
Your very welcome.
Does the sysex ID of the INTEGRA matter? If one has 2 units, will these files work with both if their IDs differ?
The sysex ID of the Integra does matter yes. This only works if the ID = 17
When you have 2 units, it depends on the way you connect them.
If you use the old fashioned MIDI ports, with MIDI-THRU then you need different ID's on both.
If you use USB-ports, I assume you can use the same ID on both of them b/c they are separated by using a different USB-port. Might get interesting how to keep them apart in a DAW though.

I can easily make a second, third, fourth set with different ID's if you want them.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Great that the order doesn't matter. Thank you for confirming this, mate!

Hmm... and I have a fear of flying - not being in control and all that. No smoking for 20+ hours would be tricky too! Let's have a virtual beer right now then... [pops open a Löwenbräu for his good mate Wonderer and hands it to him]

I'm using standard MIDI ports from a couple of MOTU MIDI Express XTs. My 2nd INTEGRA-7 is sitting in a store waiting for me to give the go-ahead to be sent to me (paid for). It might be an idea to do a second run with ID #18 if that's the number one would typically assign to a 2nd unit. Sorry for the inconvenience, man. Glad I asked about the ID 'though!

As always, thank you so much, bud; you're a gem!
Wonderer

Post by Wonderer »

Your welcome, and thanks for the beer mate, Cheers.

I don't know the MOTU MIDI Express XT, but if it is possible to keep the 2 Integra's separated MIDI-wise, I advise you to do so instead of "daisy chaining" b/c that gives you much more flexibility.

I double-zipped 2 libraries for you. One with ID17 and One with ID18. I attach both of them b/c I put the ID in the folder names so you don't have to rename the previous one. ;-)

It's a pity I don't know anything about DP, otherwise I might have been able to build libraries with DP clippings.
Can't have it all I guess LOL.
Attachments
Integra SysEx's with 2 ID's.zip
(230.32 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Thank you so much again, brother!

If it interests you, you could always install the 30-day demo of DP. Creating clippings is as easy as selecting what you like, be it within a track or tracks, or tracks themselves, and dragging it / them to a clippings window that you create and name from a main menu up top. You can of course rename the window and clippings from therein anyway.

IIRC, I should be able to simply drag any SysEx file to a track 'though, so in my case at least, clippings shouldn't be necessary. Can't test any of this stuff (even your files) 'til I eventually install audio software again hopefully by the new year.

Thank you again, Wonderer.