Losing Sound when Switching Between Projects in Logic X

Forum for Integra 7
Soultrane

Losing Sound when Switching Between Projects in Logic X

Post by Soultrane »

I'm using the Roland Editor as a Software Instrument inside of Logic, and everything is working perfectly,

Then I save the Logic project, close it, and open another saved project w Integra in it.

The I7 loads the new settings and receives MIDI, but it doesn't make any sound, either through SMPTE or the Analog outs.

The only way I've found to fix it is to shut everything off and start all over again, including running Audio Midi setup. Yikes.

Any reason why this might be happening, and/or a workaround?

PS I have the Integra going into a UAD Apollo via Spdif and via 4 analog outs.
Monkey Man

Re: Losing Sound when Switching Between Projects in Logic X

Post by Monkey Man »

Are you sure that it's not "just" a case of the controllers, including CC7 volume, being reset for some reason?

You'd think we'd have heard of this before if it were happening a lot, and this is the first I've come across this.

Worth trying K-Take's editor instead?
Soultrane

Post by Soultrane »

Thanks for the response. This is what I thought too, that mute messages from one project weren't being read on load up.

Basically, what happens is, I load up the project, everything looks like it's syncing as it should, all the setings show up, and when I play my MIDI keyboard, the I7 shows that it's getting the MIDI messages and the LED on the part view shows up as if it's transmitting audio. But there's no audio.

The other curious thing is, once I try to "Sync" the editor to the project again (even though it already synced on startup) I can't do it and I get a connection error message.

So I think the USB MIDI connection is not working right, it's not loading all the way for whatever reason. Pretty frustrating, especially as I don't really know how to fix it, except turn both units off 5 or 6 times, remove it from the system, etc etc. I'll try K-Take
Soultrane

Post by Soultrane »

UPDATE I think what's happening in is the I7 is somehow re-setting itself to be the audio card, and this has to be changed from the System menu.... when it happens again I'll check to see if that's it.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Did you set the USB driver to "VENDER" (should be "VENDOR" IMHO) in System Setup?

System / Setup / choose VENDER and then WRITE and press [ENTER].
Then turn the unit off and back on again.

You need to take these steps, apparently (according to the manual), in order for the setting to stick.
Soultrane

Post by Soultrane »

Yes, did that.

Just checking to confirm if somehow on Load Up of new tunes, it's sending a message to the I7 to change it's status and make it become the soundcard somehow.