Please Help - No Volume

Forum for Integra 7
Caruso

Please Help - No Volume

Post by Caruso »

I was working it the system menu turning on midi thru and I must have done something else because now I have no volume on the outputs on my Integra-7.

I have tried to set and reset everything in the system menu that I might have changed but no luck.

I can see the midi going into the Integra and it is also coming out of midi thru.

Why am I getting no volume on the outputs?

Can anybody help?

Thank You!
harmonizer

Re: Please Help - No Volume

Post by harmonizer »

By pressing the Volume knob (push it in), you can audition the tone of the currently selected part. This should create some noise, even if your Integra was not receiving any MIDI input from your keyboard. If you do this, do you hear any noise?

Also, I would suggest plugging some headphones into the headphone jack, and seeing whether you hear any sound, both when pressing a key on your MIDI-connected keyboard, and when pushing in the volume knob.
Caruso

Post by Caruso »

Thank you for your help.

I put the headphones on and I do get volume when I press the volume knob.

I still do not get any volume thru the headphones when playing a keyboard into the Integra. I can see the light flashing indicating it is receiving midi but I do not hear any sound.

Thanks again.
harmonizer

Post by harmonizer »

The test with pushing in the volume button indicates your Integra still has sound generation capabilities working (this is a good thing).

You said you were "working it the system menu turning on midi thru".
So my guess is that you changed something in the System Settings, probably in the MIDI section there, which is causing your problem.
I am looking in the Integra User Manual section which describes changing System Settings for MIDI (page 49).
The second and third items are "Studio Set Control Channel" and "USB-MIDI".
While I only own an older Roland XV, and not an Integra, I will offer a suggestion.

"Studio Set Control Channel" possible settings are: 1–16, OFF
Suggestion: make a note of current value, and then set this to "OFF".

"USB-MIDI" possible settings are: Thru OFF, ON
Suggestion: make a note of the current value, and then set this to "OFF".

Then perform tests to see if you get any sounds in your headphones when playing on the external keyboard using one of the basic Tones in the Integra, and with one of the Studio Sets in the Integra, and let us know your results.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

From the Integra 7 troubleshooting pages;

"If USB-MIDI Thru is on, MIDI messages received at MIDI IN will
be re-transmitted without change from USB OUT, so the sound
generator will not produce sound.
If you want to play the sound generator via the MIDI IN connector,
turn USB-MIDI Thru off."

I don't use my Integra with USB, but just tested this by turning USB-MIDI Thru to "on" and it does disable the internal sound, so that could be your issue.

Also worth checking if using USB MIDI is the driver setting. If it's set to "Generic" then the Integra will only transmit/recieve MIDI data and not Audio over USB, change the driver to "Vendor" to enable both. Hope this helps.
Caruso

Post by Caruso »

Aw yes, that was it. If midi thru is enabled there is no output from the Integra. I disabled midi thru and it works perfectly.

Thank You