Logic Pro x and Integra 7 Question

Forum for Integra 7
Alexmac

Logic Pro x and Integra 7 Question

Post by Alexmac »

Hi all,

A bit of background, im fairly new to the world of digital recording so apologies if my question is a bit silly up front. I have read through the forums and I know there are some really great posts on Midi channels and mapping etc, but i think my issue is a little bit more rudimentary and i couldn't see any posts which covered it.

Background-

I have a MacPro 5,1 with Logic pro x 10.4 working on it. OS is 10.14 mojave. Using a focus-rite 2i2 for audio out to monitors and external analogue in. Im also using Akai MPK49 Keyboard set up below.
I recently obtained a integra 7 to replace a jv2080 but im having some minor issues setting up
What I have done so far

Factory reset in Integra 7
Updated the Firmware to 1.21
installed driver NTEGRA-7 Driver Ver.1.0.3 for macOS 10.13 / 10.14
Set USB driver in integra 7 to Vendor (Midi+Audio)
Turned midi thru off on Integra 7 ( I think this is right as I have a USB keyboard direct USB to the MAC and Logic pro and the Integra 7 is direct USB as well)
Integra is connected directly to Mac with USB only for midi and audio (Not using any addition midi cord or audio)
Akai MPK49 connected directly to Mac with USB to control Logic pro and it works fine.
I have not changed any sound, midi ,sync /tempo options yet on the Integra

Problem

The integra 7 shows up in the midi studio with also the audio, i can set up an external instrument and map to lets say midi channel 1, the key board will log the midi notes and its shows the Integra 7 as the midi destination. It will even play the notes back on the Integra 7 as i can see the channel one Full grand working. However the only way to get sound through is by changing the input to logic to the integra which is kind a mad as then have to change it back if i need to record vocals etc . Is that the case or have i got it wrong?

Is there something i'm missing or haven't tried, any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Alex
hobbit

Re: Logic Pro x and Integra 7 Question

Post by hobbit »

Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum!

Do I understand correctly that you want to use INTEGRA-7 as second USB Audio Interface (in order to get the I7 audio back into Logic) besides the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ("for audio out to monitors and external analogue in")? If this is the case see the following posts, the first for the diagnosis and the second for the solution:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200061
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000

Regards, Hobbit