Need your advise Integra users

Forum for Integra 7
Ivan Jochner

Need your advise Integra users

Post by Ivan Jochner »

Hi Folk,

I am an Integra 7 user plus a live keyboardist using Yamaha Motif XS and Nord Stage 3.

Recently i have decided to sell my Integra but before a final decision has been made i am asking users here will i loose some precious features/sounds of Roland Integra 7 ?

My basic reasons for sail are:

1. I dont have a car so taking on gigs 2 keyboards + Integra with separate stand is difficult.
2. Most of the Grands and EPs i am using on NS 3.
3. I dodnt use Integra at home for music production, most of it is LIVE STAGE use.
4. Limitation of 64 Live Sets.
5. Limited SRX card slots loading for different songs.

Thinking to buy Yamaha MODX instead, but again in which cases ROLAND is better then anything else today on the market if you are LIVE STAGE keyboardist?

(P.S The only thing is keeping me from sail is BRASS and SYNTH section of this wonderful machine.)

Thanks in advance!
muso7

Re: Need your advise Integra users

Post by muso7 »

Hi Ivan
Selling decisions are always a nightmare so complete empathy from me.

Of course the requirements of musicians are very personal and subjective however it is a little box with a massive function - personally, I would keep it and put it on the top shelf for a while - make the big sale later when you realise you don't miss it and don't need it.

I sold my Roland Jupiter-80 because I ran out of room in my little studio - I regret selling it and really miss that keyboard - fortunately, my Integra gives me back several of the Jupiter's amazing sounds and behaviour modelling so it is a fabulous compromise.

I love all those classic Roland sounds too let alone the SN acoustic sounds.... BUT if they are not for you then perhaps sell up. Maybe don't be hasty but that's just from my perspective.

All the best

Pete :-)
Ivan Jochner

Post by Ivan Jochner »

muso7 wrote:Hi Ivan

All the best

Thanks i appreciate) )
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

muso7 wrote:Hi Ivan

Of course the requirements of musicians are very personal and subjective however it is a little box with a massive function - personally, I would keep it and put it on the top shelf for a while - make the big sale later when you realise you don't miss it and don't need it.

I sold my Roland Jupiter-80 because I ran out of room in my little studio - I regret selling it and really miss that keyboard - fortunately, my Integra gives me back several of the Jupiter's amazing sounds and behaviour modelling so it is a fabulous compromise.

I love all those classic Roland sounds too let alone the SN acoustic sounds.... BUT if they are not for you then perhaps sell up. Maybe don't be hasty but that's just from my perspective.

All the best

Well, this is an old post, but nevertheless here it goes...
I do own an Integra7 for a few years and just sold all my other synths to buy a MODX.
In my particular case I would more easily sell the MODX than the Integra. Why? well, first because of a personal attachment (offered to me by 6 good souls a few years ago) and because the integra is a huge sound source, not only on the thousands of classic Roland Sounds, but specially due to the SuperNatural Analogue sounds, that are absolutely incredible like the Guitars, Violins and Drums, for example.

I would not sell it (but that it's me...)

Although I agree that is not the easiest equipment to carry around if you are gigging.

Take care
PauloF