I need help setting up Integra 7 for live gigs.

Forum for Integra 7
digiplay

I need help setting up Integra 7 for live gigs.

Post by digiplay »

Here's my goal :)

I want to use the Integra 7 for a cover band I just joined.

I come from a Yamaha MOTIF "mindset", so please forgive me if I don't use the correct "Roland-speak" terms yet :)

I want to set up a Performance ("a Yamaha-speak" word here :) ) for 30 Songs, all of them being triggered by MIDI, and also note that I now have the Integra 7 iPad app.

Every Song will always have a combination of the following:

1) A Bass Guitar for an octave or so on the lower range of my keyboard controller.
2) A Piano, EP, Organ, etc. for the middle range of my keyboard controller.
3) Horns, Strings, Choirs, etc. on the upper range of my keyboard controller.
4) Perhaps one more Sound FX on the last few keys of my keyboard controller.

I used to have a Fantom X7 years ago, so I believe I can remember how to set the range of each Integra Part, I just need some guidance on how to set up each individual Song.

Also, once set up, will I be able to rearrange all of them alphabetically?

Thanks in advance!
digiplay

Re: I need help setting up Integra 7 for live gigs.

Post by digiplay »

While waiting for a response, I played around with the various Studio Sets, and I now remember how to select the Parts, how to set their range, volume, etc., and in my case I have to set every Part's MIDI Receive Channel to 1.

So...............................................................................................................

1) Would you start with a new or existing Studio Set?
2) As I earlier asked, once I have all the cover songs finished and named, will I be able to rearrange the new Studio Sets alphabetically?
digiplay

Post by digiplay »

No one uses an Integra 7 live? :)
husker

Post by husker »

https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... s-via-MIDI

I don't think you can sort them alphabetically.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

digiplay wrote:Every Song will always have a combination of the following:

1) A Bass Guitar for an octave or so on the lower range of my keyboard controller.
If you have no more than 16 sounds in total, then the easiest thing to do might be to create a Studio Set with those 16 sounds, and use your controller to activate different combinations of those sounds in the desired key ranges... but that depends on having the suitable capabilities in your controller. What will you be using as a controller?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

anotherscott wrote:
digiplay wrote:Every Song will always have a combination of the following:

If you have no more than 16 sounds in total, then the easiest thing to do might be to create a Studio Set with those 16 sounds, and use your controller to activate different combinations of those sounds in the desired key ranges... but that depends on having the suitable capabilities in your controller. What will you be using as a controller?
The straight answer depends on the type of controller you are using, i.e, does it allows layers and splits?, different MIDI channels per layer/split?
I just realized this is an old post, and you might have resolved the problem by then...:-)
howardS

Post by howardS »

Since you have an iPad, @digiplay, you could use an app on the iPad to set up all the splits and sort those songs alphabetically. I find that easier than trying to sort it all out on a MIDI controller and this way I can use any keyboard I choose as my controller. I use Keystage to do that though others use ‎iMIDIPatchbay or some of the other apps. Another benefit of Keystage is that it already has patch Integra 7 patch scripts built into the app so you can change parts from the app quite easily.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

howardS wrote:Since you have an iPad, @digiplay, you could use an app on the iPad to set up all the splits and sort those songs alphabetically. I find that easier than trying to sort it all out on a MIDI controller and this way I can use any keyboard I choose as my controller. I use Keystage to do that though others use ‎iMIDIPatchbay or some of the other apps. Another benefit of Keystage is that it already has patch Integra 7 patch scripts built into the app so you can change parts from the app quite easily.
Great tip howardS!

Do you use he Lite or the full version?
Cheers,
PauloF

P.S: after taking a quick look into the App, I think I know what your answer will be ;-) the full version
howardS

Post by howardS »

I use the full version, PauloF. The program is a little finicky especially how it handles songs and set lists but it is pretty powerful. I have a lot of songs in Onsong but recently started migrating sets to Keystage. The developer keeps updating the app and I heard that he is working on how it handles of songs and setlists at the moment. The developer has a number of videos videos showing what can be accomplished with the app.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

howardS wrote:I use the full version, PauloF. The program is a little finicky especially how it handles songs and set lists but it is pretty powerful. I have a lot of songs in Onsong but recently started migrating sets to Keystage. The developer keeps updating the app and I heard that he is working on how it handles of songs and setlists at the moment. The developer has a number of videos videos showing what can be accomplished with the app.

Didn't see your answer until I refreshed my screen...
Thanks
howardS

Post by howardS »

Oh yes, the full version. :)
MunchyBear

Post by MunchyBear »

Digiplay, I'm a broken record on the forum at this point-- but check here for how to do layering and splitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxs_SW18874

You'd need FL Studio or something that behaves like this though. It's a powerful approach!