Noob Question re Panning

Forum for Integra 7
HangdogCat

Noob Question re Panning

Post by HangdogCat »

I just bought a used Integra-7, and all the sounds are panned hard left.

How can I remedy this...IOW get the sounds panned to the center?

Thank you.
PauloF

Re: Noob Question re Panning

Post by PauloF »

HangdogCat wrote:I just bought a used Integra-7, and all the sounds are panned hard left.

How can I remedy this...IOW get the sounds panned to the center?

Thank you.
Welcome to the Clan!

I'm assuming not all Studio Sets are configured that way, but you tell me :-)

- From the Main screen, press Part view, and press the right Arrow 3 times to advance until you see the "Pan" parameter selected for that specific Part (ex: Part 01, Pan L64). Just turn the Jog Wheel clockwise until ypu see the value "0".

- Repeat the same for all the other parts of that same studio set.

- At the end, press SHIFT + WRITE to save the studio Set.

- Repeat the process for the other Studio Sets.

Well this is the hard way... as if you need to do this for many Studio Sets, and there are no Studio Sets with particular configurations that might interest you, I suggest you do a Factory Reset.

- Press MENU, choose UTILITY+ENTER, chosse FACTORY RESET ---» CAUTION: A factory Reset will destroy any Studio Sets that you have configured previously. In case you have your own created Studio Sets, do a Backup first.

I hope this helps,
Cheers,
PauloF
HangdogCat

Post by HangdogCat »

Thank you for your suggestions, and for being so welcoming.

But I had already done a factory reset...standard operating procedure for me when buying used gear. And I checked some of the Pan settings per your suggestion, and all were set to 0.

That got me digging deeper, and I discovered that the problem actually wasn't an Integra-7 setting. I had an incorrect setting in my virtual mixer (RME Total Mix), and had inadvertently turned the fader for the I-7's right output all the way down.

I wouldn't have checked that if you hadn't helped me rule out the obvious culprits, so thanks again.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

HangdogCat wrote:Thank you for your suggestions, and for being so welcoming.

But I had already done a factory reset...standard operating procedure for me when buying used gear. And I checked some of the Pan settings per your suggestion, and all were set to 0.

That got me digging deeper, and I discovered that the problem actually wasn't an Integra-7 setting. I had an incorrect setting in my virtual mixer (RME Total Mix), and had inadvertently turned the fader for the I-7's right output all the way down.

I wouldn't have checked that if you hadn't helped me rule out the obvious culprits, so thanks again.
Glad to help!

Take care
PauloF