Integra 7 and backing tracks midi

Forum for Integra 7
matje

Integra 7 and backing tracks midi

Post by matje »

Hi guys

I am new on this forum and also new on the Integra.

The Integra is a great machine and I would use it live on stage with a coverband.
In the band we use backing tracks. The backing track are midi files with multiple channels.
Now I use a Motif XS where a create a song. A song has 16 channels, so I can select 16 sounds with each a different midi channel. An Akai MPC Live send the midi data over the channels to the Motif and the backing tracks a played.

Is this also possible with the Integra? Can I create a program where you select multiple sounds which can be assigned to different midi channels?

Thanks
howardS

Re: Integra 7 and backing tracks midi

Post by howardS »

Yes, each Studio Set on the Integra-7 has 16 parts and each can respond to it's own MIDI channel, matje.
MunchyBear

Re: Integra 7 and backing tracks midi

Post by MunchyBear »

Hi Matje,

One thing to watch out for-- I've used the Integra using a layered patch with knobs fading the parts I need in/out while I play. (Like this: https://youtu.be/hxs_SW18874?t=544 )

BUT-- if you are using several supernatural voices all at once-- each note uses 8 voices. So a chord is 24 voices.

A backing track might go okay without hung notes. But playing piano with dense chords and sustain will eat up a LOT of polyphony. It's just something to be aware of.

I suppose the non supernatural voices would use less polyphony and you'd be in less danger of overloading the voice count and getting stopped notes.