Kronos / Integra users

Forum for Integra 7
Matthew1971

Kronos / Integra users

Post by Matthew1971 »

Hi,

Integra arrived yesterday and made progress but still getting use to it.

A couple of questions;

I know how to change the midi channels on the part numbers in part view.

However, within a kronos Combi say parts 1 and 2, if I use sounds from the integra, both on channel 1, it's not recognising 2 different parts and I am getting a layered sound in my first part on the kronos. In some cases very nice but doesn't suit all situations.

Another problem is that if I use on a sound a particular channel (say 9), the sound is still there even when I change combis?

Appreciate any help given
howardS

Re: Kronos / Integra users

Post by howardS »

If you are in Part View go to the second tab which is labeled LEVEL/CH. The Midi channel is the last column of that second tab and says CH.

I read in the manual for the Kronos that the Global Midi Out can't be turned off and always sends on a particular channel. In addition you can set a midi channel for separate parts. I found this video which showed how to do it.
Matthew1971

Post by Matthew1971 »

Thanks,

I have also seen that video but I am not sure it really answers my points?
howardS

Post by howardS »

I am a bit confused by your statement that you "use sounds from the integra, both on channel 1". If you are using 2 different sounds then you need to trigger them on 2 separate channels.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

howardS wrote:I am a bit confused by your statement that you "use sounds from the integra, both on channel 1". If you are using 2 different sounds then you need to trigger them on 2 separate channels.
Right. If you have two Integra sounds on channel 1, they will be layered (well, unless possibly you assign them to different key ranges). To address them independently, put them on different MIDI channels. Kronos combi parts (timbres) can similarly be set to transmit on different MIDI channels.
Matthew1971

Post by Matthew1971 »

Thanks Now sorted!

Being new to the Kronos (as well as the I7)I thought that everything had to be on channel 1.

i was wrong - thanks Guys!
howardS

Post by howardS »

That's great. I'm glad it's now working for you.