Midi RX Channels

Forum for Integra 7
Mack

Midi RX Channels

Post by Mack »

Newbie here. Hello all.
I’m old and old-skool Roland with 990s and 880 modules. I’m performing live thru an A 30 controller to the modules and want to update my gear, so I got an Integra-7. Sweet. Now I’m drinking from a firehose once more. In the old Roland gear, i’d assign a channel to a voice I wanted to use and simply hit the MIDI channel button on the A 30 and away we’d go.

So to the Integra, I got into the studio sets and made one with all of the instruments I need for a performance. So far, so good. I connect the A 30 and all I’m playing is Channel 1 in the newly-created Studio Set on the Integra. If I change channels on the A 30, it will change voices in the Integra, but still only on the first channel of the Studio Set.

Obviously, I’m missing something big-time, or operating under 20 year old technology theory and Roland thinking. Probably both.

Can somebody help me out? I just know there’s an a-ha moment just waiting for me, and once I see how the unit is dealing with stuff, I can probably figure other stuff out as well.

Thanks to all for any help.
shiihs

Re: Midi RX Channels

Post by shiihs »

Is it possible you are not changing the midi channel on the A30, but just the selected patch? (Selecting a preset typically causes a "program change" to be transmitted over midi, but it doesn't switch to a new midi channel).