Integra 7 for Music Production / Live Gigs

Forum for Integra 7
Kevbo

Integra 7 for Music Production / Live Gigs

Post by Kevbo »

Hello. My current setup at home is a Korg Triton LE 88 and a Roland Juno-Stage. For home use, I use either the present sounds, or many times, I use VSTs and use my keyboards to record those into SONAR Platinum.

I used the same two keyboards when I would play live gigs in my old band. The Korg mainly for the piano, and the Roland Juno-Stage for all my synth sounds. What I like about the Stage is that I have all those Banks I can drop instruments into, and when the next song comes up in the set, I quickly switch over to that bank for the instrument.

What I am looking for is the following:

1. I would like more sounds to experiment and record with. Is the Integra better for that vs purchasing an old Fantom G, for example?

2. If I ever gig again, can the Integra be used for Live Gigs as far as having user banks or some way of jumping around from one instrument to the other very quickly as the next song start. I literally have 5 seconds to switch instruments. If using a MIDI keyboard, is there anyway to quickly get from one sound to another?

Thank you.
dannyss

Re: Integra 7 for Music Production / Live Gigs

Post by dannyss »

How do u tweak the velocity curve of integra 7 for full grand to sound like a real accoustic full grand piano .. iam disaapointed with the sound of full grand of integra 7 sound like an electronic sound... is there any other way for configuration setting for integra 7 .. iam using roland A88 controller with integra 7 plz help
dannyss
telefox

Post by telefox »

Kevbo wrote: 2. If I ever gig again, can the Integra be used for Live Gigs as far as having user banks or some way of jumping around from one instrument to the other very quickly as the next song start. I literally have 5 seconds to switch instruments. If using a MIDI keyboard, is there anyway to quickly get from one sound to another?
I have Triton LE 76 and Roland a800pro myself, both keyboards used in "split mode". I have set up the midi program change settings in LE so that each combi sends needed midi commands both 1) to select correct studio set, and 2) to select correct sounds for all four midi channels in i7 controlled by both of my keyboards in split mode. So from user point of view it is just a matter of selecting the correct combi in LE and you are done to start playing using both keyboards. i7 changes sounds immediately so 5 sec is more than enough, only the start up phase takes quite long.
melvinhare

Post by melvinhare »

dannyss wrote:How do u tweak the velocity curve of integra 7 for full grand ....
dannyss

Have you checked the MIDI section on the Part View - scroll over and try VC - Setting it to 1 or 2 seems to give a wider curve for me.

M
Kevbo

Post by Kevbo »

telefox wrote:
Kevbo wrote: 2. If I ever gig again, can the Integra be used for Live Gigs as far as having user banks or some way of jumping around from one instrument to the other very quickly as the next song start. I literally have 5 seconds to switch instruments. If using a MIDI keyboard, is there anyway to quickly get from one sound to another?
I have Triton LE 76 and Roland a800pro myself, both keyboards used in "split mode". I have set up the midi program change settings in LE so that each combi sends needed midi commands both 1) to select correct studio set, and 2) to select correct sounds for all four midi channels in i7 controlled by both of my keyboards in split mode. So from user point of view it is just a matter of selecting the correct combi in LE and you are done to start playing using both keyboards. i7 changes sounds immediately so 5 sec is more than enough, only the start up phase takes quite long.
Good to know. Thank you. I guess I haven't dived enough into the LE enough to know all these things. I know MIDI is very powerful, and most I ever used it for was recording VSTs. I should really get the manual back out and see what this can do with my Juno-Stage and practice, assuming things will be similar if I were to get an Integra 7.

Thanks again!
indrek

Post by indrek »

For 1. I don't know exactly. I have Integra 7 and Fantom X6. In fantom X6 You can install 4 pieces of SRX expansion cards. As I heard from WEB - sounds are not perfectly identical.

For 2. You could use SIPARIO (look: https://www.lab4music.it/sipario.php?lang=EN). I purchased one and I'm amazed. It can send through MIDI cables Bank and Program Changes to several instruments at once from pushing one switching pedal or rotating encoder knob or touching the screen.