Playing a note triggers all 16 channels at once

Forum for Integra 7
JMComposer

Playing a note triggers all 16 channels at once

Post by JMComposer »

New member here; hello all.

I've got an Integra 7 which I was finally able to get working 90% with Logic Pro: when I assign instruments on each channel through the Integra Editor, those settings are saved when I close and reload a project. Not only that, upon loading, Logic Pro transmits that info to the Integra 7, which obeys like a good servaant, matching the instruments my project no matter what was loaded in the Integra 7 before. All wonderful stuff.

But now my problem is that when I play a note on Channel 1, all 16 channels (with all 16 instruments) on the Integra 7 are playing at once, like an entire orchestra playing a unison note. Tracks assigned to channel 2-16 on Logic do not make any sound at all. What's my problem and how can I fix this?

My specs:
Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina
Logic Pro 10.6.1
Driver and Integra Editor have been updated for Catalina.

By the way, for those of you wondering how I got Logic Pro to "talk" to the Integra 7, I assigned the following bank messages to the Integra 7 multi object.

Bank 0 (a) Control 0 85 Bank MSB
Bank 0 (b) Control 32 0 Bank LSB

Thanks all for your help.
hobbit

Re: Playing a note triggers all 16 channels at once

Post by hobbit »

Hi JMComposer

Welcome to the forum. Maybe the receive channels of the 16 parts of your Integra are all set to channel 1? From a structural point of view there's always a so called "Studio Set" loaded at a basic level. Every Studio Set has 16 parts for tones, and every part has its own receive channel. This gives you maximal flexibility: You can either set more than one part to the same receive channel and play unisono or split sounds, or you can set the parts to different channels and use the Integra as a multitimbral device (= the way you want to). If the Studio Set actually loaded to your Integra has all 16 parts set to channel 1, then the program change commands coming from Logic on channels 2-16 are not recognized nor followed.

To check the receive channels of your actual Studio Set: Press "Part View" and switch to the tab "Level/Ch". Now you see at the end of each line the "ch" (= receive channel) of each part.

The Studio Set "Integra Preview" is one with parts 1-16 set to channels 1-16. To load this Studio Set: Press "Menu" > Studio Set Select > 01 Integra Preview. Now let Logic send the program change commands on channels 1-16 again.

Good luck, hobbit
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

hobbit wrote: 09:59, 10 July 2021Maybe the receive channels of the 16 parts of your Integra are all set to channel 1?
This! It's almost-certainly this.

Welcome to the forum, mate.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote: 07:56, 26 September 2021
hobbit wrote: 09:59, 10 July 2021Maybe the receive channels of the 16 parts of your Integra are all set to channel 1?
This! It's almost-certainly this.

Welcome to the forum, mate.
I fully second Hobbit and Brother Monkey Man on this too!

BTW, welcome to the forum
Smily

Re : La lecture d'une note déclenche les 16 canaux à la fois

Post by Smily »

hello, I have the same problem when I play a note on Channel 1, all 16 channels (with all 16 instruments) of the Integra 7 are playing at the same time, like an entire orchestra playing a note in unison
Smily

Post by Smily »

hobbit wrote: 09:59, 10 July 2021 Hi JMComposer

Welcome to the forum. Maybe the receive channels of the 16 parts of your Integra are all set to channel 1? From a structural point of view there's always a so called "Studio Set" loaded at a basic level. Every Studio Set has 16 parts for tones, and every part has its own receive channel. This gives you maximal flexibility: You can either set more than one part to the same receive channel and play unisono or split sounds, or you can set the parts to different channels and use the Integra as a multitimbral device (= the way you want to). If the Studio Set actually loaded to your Integra has all 16 parts set to channel 1, then the program change commands coming from Logic on channels 2-16 are not recognized nor followed.

To check the receive channels of your actual Studio Set: Press "Part View" and switch to the tab "Level/Ch". Now you see at the end of each line the "ch" (= receive channel) of each part.

The Studio Set "Integra Preview" is one with parts 1-16 set to channels 1-16. To load this Studio Set: Press "Menu" > Studio Set Select > 01 Integra Preview. Now let Logic send the program change commands on channels 1-16 again.

Good luck, hobbit
hello did you find a solution?
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

Bonsoir Smily

Welcome to the forum.

As for you, did you try this:
hobbit wrote: 09:59, 10 July 2021 To check the receive channels of your actual Studio Set: Press "Part View" and switch to the tab "Level/Ch". Now you see at the end of each line the "ch" (= receive channel) of each part.
Best regards, hobbit
Smily

Post by Smily »

hobbit wrote: 18:54, 22 October 2021 Bonsoir Smily

Welcome to the forum.

hobbit wrote: 09:59, 10 July 2021 To check the receive channels of your actual Studio Set: Press "Part View" and switch to the tab "Level/Ch". Now you see at the end of each line the "ch" (= receive channel) of each part.
Best regards, hobbit
Attachments
AA9156E2-8AD9-4AD4-87C4-A75046E2B904.jpeg
AA9156E2-8AD9-4AD4-87C4-A75046E2B904.jpeg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 5064 times
Smily

Post by Smily »

hobbit wrote: 18:54, 22 October 2021 Bonsoir Smily

Welcome to the forum.

Best regards, hobbit
it is separate but on logic pro x everything plays at the same time
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 5059 times
Smily

Post by Smily »

don't make them blind it's important guys
hobbit

Re: Re : La lecture d'une note déclenche les 16 canaux à la fois

Post by hobbit »

Smily wrote: 19:07, 22 October 2021 it is separate but on logic pro x everything plays at the same time
Ok, so we have to find out whether the problem is caused on the MIDI input side (Integra7) or the output side (Logic). What happens if you play the I7 by a keyboard controller and and change the MIDI output channel of the controller (1, 2, 3 ... 16): does the sound you hear from the I7 change whenever you change the output channel? If yes, then the I7 works fine and we have to take a closer look at the output settings of Logic.

Best regards, hobbit