Hold a sound

Forum for Integra 7
Gekomax

Hold a sound

Post by Gekomax »

Hi there,

i just bought an Integra and today arrived to my home. As controller I use a Boss SY-100 guitar synth pugged via midi cable. The response is fantastic and it plays great, there is no lag at all.

I have just one question, for now...

Is it possible to "hold" a sound sending a cc midi command from an external controller to the Integra module?
I mean... I want to send a cc command using my Fractal FC12 foot controller in order to create a steady "drone" sound. I used to do it with my old Roland GR55 and my new Sy-1000 but, for various reasons, I can't use these ones.
I figured out that in the "system" menù -> "control" tab there are 4 "system control src" and here I can find hold-1 and hold-2 functions but I don't understand how they work.
I searched in the manual but it didn't help.
Anyone can ?
Thanks a lot
Gekomax
Hermax

Re: Hold a sound

Post by Hermax »

CC 64 = Hold1, as used with sustain pedals. Values 0 to 63 = off, 64 to 127 is on.
Gekomax

Post by Gekomax »

Hermax wrote: 13:05, 29 August 2021 CC 64 = Hold1, as used with sustain pedals. Values 0 to 63 = off, 64 to 127 is on.
I tried but hold-1 holds all notes I play. I want to keep holded just one note as I do no Sy-1000.
Hold-2 apparently doesn't do anything... is that right?
Thanks
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Hi Gekomax,
Thisis an old post and I hope that you solved the problem by now, but in order to hold just "one" note, meaning one integra part, you will need to send a MIDI CC=64 on that part specific MIDI channel