Integra 7 - Prog change on stage with Cubase 10 (help)

Forum for Integra 7
Trollour

Integra 7 - Prog change on stage with Cubase 10 (help)

Post by Trollour »

Hello,

I have everything in hand and ensure between the programs changes via Cubase 10.
When I switch from one Studio Set to another, everything goes well in the midi info that I send.

On the other hand, when I then return to a solo tone, it doesn't work as desired, it sends the same sounds to the first 8 tracks, creating an echo (8 because this is the maximum I currently use in a Studio Set).

For example I go from my Studio Set in MSB 85 - LSB 0 - PC 5 to PC 6, no problem, then if I go to the Whistle in MSB 121 - LSB 0 - PC 79 then I get this Tone in the first tracks like the previous preset.

Does anyone have a tip for my worries ?

With Studio Set I want them all to be on the same channel to send each other on stage at the same time.
Going from the 1st to the 2nd, no worries, it's when going from the 3rd to the 2nd that the problem occurs, it keeps in memory the channels 1 on the first 3 sounds and reflects that on the 2nd (harmonica). He could just take just the first ...

In cubase, that I put on my midi track "prog change" in any one or in 1-2-3-4 ...- 16 that does not change anything.
Same if in the prog info changes I put channel 1-2-3 ....- 16 it remains to play the same thing, ...
And if I put each sound back in 1-2-3 instead of the 3 on ch 1 in the integra, then I can no longer play all 3 simultaneously (I program for the stage with cubase).

On the other hand, everything seems ok if I use ONLY Studio Sets together or ONLY PCM / Tones between them and I don't mix the sends to both.
But that doesn't suit me;)

When I go to the settings of the Korg Triton Extreme (midi channel) and change, then it follows in the studio set without concern.
But that's not what I'm looking for, and on stage I'm with the Roland Ax as the master keyboard and Intregra-7 for the sound.
The goal is therefore to be able to play several sounds simultaneously and that the prog changes take place automatically with the information sent throughout the set-list.

A thousand thanks to who will help me solve this problem
(Sorry, I don't speak English everyday) ;)

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AbYLGDhGEU
husker

Re: Integra 7 - Prog change on stage with Cubase 10 (help)

Post by husker »

I have setup program changes in Cubase as well. Give me a bit of time to read through and try to understand your problem.
hobbit

Re: Integra 7 - Prog change on stage with Cubase 10 (help)

Post by hobbit »

Bonjour Trollour

Bienvenu sur le forum.

I don't work with Cubase, but I'm sure it's not the DAW that causes your problem but the commands you send: The Bank Select commands for Studio Sets are always MSB 85 / LSB 00 / PC 0 to 64 (see picture attached). So what happens when you send your commands:

MSB 85 / LSB 00 / PC 04 => Selection of your Studio Set Nr. 4 (apparently whith the Whistle in Part 1)
MSB 89 / LSB 65 / PC 35 => Selection of the Tone of Part 1 to SN-A Harmonica (MSB 89 is part of the Bank Select command for SN-A Tones)
MSB 85 / LSB 00 / PC 01 => Selection of your Studio Set Nr. 1 (apparently whith Parts 1 to 3 set to the same MIDI receive channel)
MSB 89 / LSB 65 / PC 35 => No change of Studio Set (MSB 89 again is part of the Bank Select command for SN-A Tones) => So the Studio Set is still Nr. 1 with Parts 1 to 3 set to the same MIDI receive channel, that's why they also react to incoming MIDI commands.

So before sending the Bank Select command for the Harmonica, you need to change the Studio Set to Nr. 4 (MSB 85 LSB 00 PC 04) or to another Studio Set with only Part 1 set to MIDI receive channel 1.

Best regards, hobbit
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-04 um 12.37.19.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-04 um 12.37.19.png (43.32 KiB) Viewed 3044 times