No sound in any output except phones

Forum for Integra 7
tsouanas

No sound in any output except phones

Post by tsouanas »

Hello!

I recently bought the INTEGRA-7, and due to a reform in my homestudio I had only played with it using headphones.
Now that things are finally going back to normal, I find out that the outputs in the back don't seem to work!
Is there any option I might have to tweak in order to get them to... output audio?
I'm currently using it in stand alone mode, no connection to any computer whatsoever.
Powered by mains.
System version is 1.21
I performed a factory reset just to be sure.
I first tried the XLR outputs, and then tried all the other TRS ones.
None of them produced any output.
Only PHONES does.. :(
Any help, greatly appreciated!
bluesplayer

Re: No sound in any output except phones

Post by bluesplayer »

a Factory reset SHOULD have fixed any patch/program send settings to at least default L/R and other things that might affect output audio. So the first things that pop into my mind are:

Where are you sending the outputs?

-To a mixer - you have double-checked mixer channels and settings?

-To the PC audio input on the back of PC, or to an audio interface (e.g., Focusrite): you have checked that OTHER audio sources (e.g., an external MP3 player or another synth) work on the SAME PC, or audio interface, audio inputs?

Finally, you know for a fact that your XLR and TRS cables are good (tested on another piece of audio generating gear)
tsouanas

Post by tsouanas »

bluesplayer wrote: 02:45, 9 March 2022 a Factory reset SHOULD have fixed any patch/program send settings to at least default L/R and other things that might affect output audio.
So I guess you confirm that at least the XLR outputs labelled A (MIX) L/R should be outputting the same audio that PHONES is.
I was hoping that this would not be the case.
The "good" news is that there is a slight chance that all 4 cables I've tried are dead, I just thought it was a bit too much of a coincidence since all 4 of them were working fine on previous hardware (which is not here any more).
bluesplayer wrote: 02:45, 9 March 2022 Where are you sending the outputs?
I tried to a mixer, and also directly to a couple of monitors.
I know the monitors work and that the mixer's inputs that I used also work.
bluesplayer wrote: 02:45, 9 March 2022 Finally, you know for a fact that your XLR and TRS cables are good (tested on another piece of audio generating gear)
I will confirm this tomorrow. It's just that it seemed more probable that there was some setting I had to adjust in order to "activate" those outputs, than 4 working cables dying simultaneously. I hope it's what happened though because the alternative is that I got some DOA outputs that I only managed to notice 6 months after purchase..

Really thanks for your prompt and detailed reply! :D
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

I should have also asked - this is occurring on multiple patches/presets/programs (pick your term) right? not just one? (even though it shouldn't happen even one patch unless the outputs have been set to only output on say output B or C or D instead of A - you'd hear something in the headset (distant maybe) but NOTHING on mix L/R (aka the "A"output)

beyond that I wish could think of something in, or some other setting in, the I7 itself that would affect the line outputs but not headphones but even looking through the manual for some "hidden" setting I don't see anything - sorry.

So cables or the device you hook to is best I can think of

Good Luck
tsouanas

Post by tsouanas »

All 4 cables (2 XLR & 2 TRS) were faulty indeed---what a relief!
I managed to confirm with a couple of unbalanced cables that the (balanced) A ports indeed work, and as soon as I can get a couple of XLR's I will confirm that the A XLR outputs work too.
Thanks again for your help!! :D
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

great - glad it was a cable issue and not the unit!

Enjoy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

uff...
Good to hear that the "weak link", read: cable(s) was the faulty one! normally is...

Cheers
PauloF