Integra 7 driver for MacOS: Ventura

Forum for Integra 7
ID Crisis

Integra 7 driver for MacOS: Ventura

Post by ID Crisis »

My M1 MacBook Pro running MacOS 13 - Ventura with Logix fails to recognise and transmit midi data to the Integra 7. I have searched the Roland website and it states that the OS11/12 driver is 'compatible' but it simply does not work for me. I am also aware that a MacOS 13 driver is currently being 'tested' (as per the Roland website). Question as I'm am really keen to continue making music: do I roll back my OS or simply wait for the actual driver to be released?
ID Crisis

Re: Integra 7 driver for MacOS: Ventura

Post by ID Crisis »

Anything happening on this forum?
dysamoria

Post by dysamoria »

Since Roland has abandoned existing customers to pursue sales of new stuff, and because it never occurs to companies like Roland that they could MAKE MONEY by selling updated drivers and modern OS support, I think a lot of people just find ways to use their hardware and then stop coming here looking for any other solutions. If you have MIDI ports, use those with a supported MIDI interface into your computer. That's pretty much what EVERY hardware manufacturer has forced us to do, and this is why I no longer buy hardware for computer integration, and refuse to buy hardware that DEPENDS on computers/drivers to function at all.
double-k

Post by double-k »

Hi,
I have Ventura on Intel macbook and the Midi drivers ( and Audio from Usb ) for Integra 7 works fine. Have you checked the page where you can download the drivers from the Roland site?
These here work perfectly:
https://www.roland.com/it/support/by_pr ... c72c7b412/

Please, read in the line above how to set the MIDI SETUP in the Integra System.
Ethermynd

Post by Ethermynd »

Hi,

Well, as of now, the Mac Ventura driver sort of works, but it can be very temperamental, varying greatly in behaviour from one computer configuration to another. Probably the underlying code is quite over-patched by now, and far from being a programming piece of work from the beginning. Good luck to everyone Integra owner, with the new coming MacOS version!