Integra-7 Editor Plugin Mac Compatibility

Forum for Integra 7
Jazzsteve123

Integra-7 Editor Plugin Mac Compatibility

Post by Jazzsteve123 »

Hi there! I'm working in Logic Pro on a Mac Mini Late 2012 and Catalina. I would love to upgrade to a newer, faster Mac, but I am afraid, that the Integra-7 editor plugin will not work anymore then. This plugin is a must-have for me- I cannot imagine using my I7 without it. On the Roland download page the latest (my) version is for MacOS 10.15, but no info for OS beyond that. No reply from support concerning this. Anybody with a newer system than mine who can confirm whether the editor plugin is still working on Ventura?

Thanks so much for your info in advance.
Ethermynd

Re: Integra-7 Editor Plugin Mac Compatibility

Post by Ethermynd »

Hi,

Albeit a substantial Roland user for three decades, I am an Integra-7 newcomer.

Bought mine recently, to get a convenient portable container for (almost) all the Roland PCM libraries and Supernatural engines, without exacting precious CPU resources of my computer.

Only to discover that, quite surprisingly and very lamentably, there is no editor compatible with Mac Ventura, while just the librarian app, which has rather limited utility, is still usable.
I will try the Win route instead, to see if I can still load the last version available.

Frankly, it is really disappointing to buy a new device at anything but a sale price, and to realise that the vendor has silently moved the model to the vintage area, dropping altogether the development of the essential software component, which makes building studio-sets, customizing patches and loading library expansions actually manageable, both for live usage and in a DAW-based compositional environment.

VERY bad on the part of Roland. It is just because of my deep affection for the brand, that I refrain from sticking to the recent mainstream trend, of blaming them for greedy priority of profit, in exploiting to death again and again their existing technology and sound content.