Sound from 6 of the 8 1/4"outputs when all i want is 2 outputs

Forum for Integra 7
Shadowplay

Sound from 6 of the 8 1/4"outputs when all i want is 2 outputs

Post by Shadowplay »

Hi,
I have an Integra 7 connected via midi to presonus studio one 6
And a keyboard via midi to play the presonus in studion one 6
the 1/4" jacks from 1-8 are connected to a presonus live 32c live mixing desk.
In de DAW I specify A channel 1. B channel 2, C channel 3 & D channel 4
A is connected to faders 1 & 2, B is connected to faders 3 & 4, C is connected to faders 5 & 6 and D is connected to faders 7 & 8, with the 1/4"jacks

Everything was working fine until I tried to change the midi settings to improve the settings.... (duh!!).
Because wat i thought would work didn't as i thought it would (master/slave for tempo daw) I had decided to changed all the settings back, or so i thought.
However now when the midi signals are played from the DAW and the keyboard I receive the sound signal from the other channels at the same time.
For example.
Sound C is on channel 3 connected to faders 5&6 with the 1/4"jacks
The DAW registers the midi from the keyboard and plays the audio from C channel 3 this is correct
But at the same time A1&2, B3 and D7 1/4" jacks give a signal at the same time. And when i put C via the DAW or mixer on mute i hear the same sound on the fader 1,2, 3 and 7 at a lot lower volume but the sound is the same.

I have checked other things but nothing seems to work. e.g. channels 5 > 16 midi off or that none of the other channels are on C or channel 3 etc. and the signals stops for a moment but then returns.

Has anyone experienced the same of is there a setting that i am missing?
Any help would be really appreciated.
devonrose

Re: Sound from 6 of the 8 1/4"outputs when all i want is 2 outputs

Post by devonrose »

Shadowplay wrote: 12:42, 11 August 2023 Everything was working fine until I tried to change the midi settings to improve the settings.... (duh!!).
Because wat i thought would work didn't as i thought it would (master/slave for tempo daw) I had decided to changed all the settings back, or so i thought.
However now when the midi signals are played from the DAW and the keyboard I receive the sound signal from the other channels at the same time.
For example.
So you changed the MIDI settings on the Integra-7 itself?

If it's behaving unpredictably, I would just save any custom patches/performances you have and then perform a factory reset:
https://support.roland.com/hc/en-us/art ... tory-Reset

Once the reset is finished, configure the MIDI settings back to how they should be and see if that helps.
Shadowplay

Post by Shadowplay »

i managed to find the soulution myself.
This was a combination of motion surround on a few of the other channels and on C channel 3 i had a chorus and reverb that was leaking sound into channel A 1
problem solved :)
Shadowplay

Post by Shadowplay »

thanks for the info and the reply I was under the impression the settings were automatically changed as i had the keyboard pc and the integra op 2 separate midi outputs in the DAW but didn't realize, i had by mistake on allot of the channels, pressed the motion surround button on and that i needed to physically switch the motion surround from that channel off. I didnt really wat to do a factory reset an lose al that i had saved.
Is there any way of making a backup? i can't seem to find a post about this for the Integra 7 only the support page from Roland but this doesnt give me any specs of the flash drive required.
https://support.roland.com/hc/en-us/art ... f%20needed.

devonrose wrote: 23:47, 12 August 2023
Shadowplay wrote: 12:42, 11 August 2023 Everything was working fine until I tried to change the midi settings to improve the settings.... (duh!!).
For example.
So you changed the MIDI settings on the Integra-7 itself?

If it's behaving unpredictably, I would just save any custom patches/performances you have and then perform a factory reset:
https://support.roland.com/hc/en-us/art ... tory-Reset

Once the reset is finished, configure the MIDI settings back to how they should be and see if that helps.
devonrose

Post by devonrose »

Shadowplay wrote: 14:50, 14 August 2023 Is there any way of making a backup? i can't seem to find a post about this for the Integra 7 only the support page from Roland but this doesnt give me any specs of the flash drive required.
You should be able to use a small 32 GB Lexar; just make sure it's running the latest system firmware because they've probably added code for it to handle larger capacities during its (11 year!) history.
Shadowplay

Post by Shadowplay »

Brilliantl.
Thanks for the info and for the tip. Will definitely see if I can update it.

devonrose wrote: 23:32, 19 August 2023
Shadowplay wrote: 14:50, 14 August 2023 Is there any way of making a backup? i can't seem to find a post about this for the Integra 7 only the support page from Roland but this doesnt give me any specs of the flash drive required.
You should be able to use a small 32 GB Lexar; just make sure it's running the latest system firmware because they've probably added code for it to handle larger capacities during its (11 year!) history.