SUPERnatural Accordion

Forum for Integra 7
Humpanpimputtaja

SUPERnatural Accordion

Post by Humpanpimputtaja »

Hey,

I'm considering buying Integra-7 or some Fantom version. I dont have the opportunity to test any of these boards and there aren't many demos of the accordion samples these instruments have so here I am asking you guys:

Integra-7 has a supernatural accordion tone. Has anyone played with it alot? How does it compare to the basic accordion samples Fantoms have? What "supernatural" behaviours does it have? Does any other Roland board have this SN accordion (according to sound lists, it seems not)?

Any recommendations other than Integra? My current need is lots of acoustic sounds for live use - accordions, strings, saxes, some orchesteal stuff. And as much good quality solo sounds as possible. I have to often play long passages with f.ex sax sound so having some ability to do some expession would be nice (legato samples, multisamples for differrent velocities..) and based on YT videos I'm liking how Roland sounds.
Hermax

Re: SUPERnatural Accordion

Post by Hermax »

This is of course a very difficult question, as "quality (reality) of sound" is mostly a matter of personal taste. Real accordions even don't sound all the same so it's not easy to say that this or that synth has the best accordion sound.
I do know however, owning one, that the SN sounds from the Integra are indeed very nice and the Integra has many possibilities to tweak the sound and the modulations. Not always easy to do so though, that's the backside.
Humpanpimputtaja

Re: SUPERnatural Accordion

Post by Humpanpimputtaja »

Hermax wrote: 11:15, 10 October 2023 This is of course a very difficult question, as "quality (reality) of sound" is mostly a matter of personal taste. Real accordions even don't sound all the same so it's not easy to say that this or that synth has the best accordion sound.
I do know however, owning one, that the SN sounds from the Integra are indeed very nice and the Integra has many possibilities to tweak the sound and the modulations. Not always easy to do so though, that's the backside.
Thanks for the insight!

It is true that "good sound" is up to personal taste, not velocity layers or sampling quality. For me it's often about how well the sound reacts to the keyboard.. also in live situation the sounds I like usually dont work and I have to make sacrifices for the overall sound of the band (because the guitarist sure isnt ever going to adjust his tone or allow to EQ his output to blend in...) 😅

Accordion sound is one I need often. I'm interested in hearing users own subjective opinions and more objective descrpitions like does the SN accodion have multisampled velocity layers, can you maybe tune reeds, can it do some tricks (bellow shakes maybe?).. etc. Basically why is it called SN.