Roland FA06 vs A49

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
unixmill

Roland FA06 vs A49

Post by unixmill »

Folks, I played FA06 yesterday first time at a local store. It has a lot of nice features, very intuitive sequencer, nicer screen, very nicely organized overall. but it did not force me to buy. may be because I have an integra with A49? I don't know. There is something that did not push me to fall in love with it. I was watching all the videos and reading reviews. I went there to actually buy it. Price is very attractive. I felt that it was not for me.

keys feels exactly like A49, no different. may be I was expecting too much or may be too much build up? dunno :) so I have decided that I won't buy one. really sad in a way.
PauloF

Re: Roland FA06 vs A49

Post by PauloF »

unixmill wrote:Folks, I played FA06 yesterday first time at a local store. It has a lot of nice features, very intuitive sequencer, nicer screen, very nicely organized overall. but it did not force me to buy. may be because I have an integra with A49? I don't know. There is something that did not push me to fall in love with it. I was watching all the videos and reading reviews. I went there to actually buy it. Price is very attractive. I felt that it was not for me.

keys feels exactly like A49, no different. may be I was expecting too much or may be too much build up? dunno :) so I have decided that I won't buy one. really sad in a way.

May I ask what was the reason to buy it in the first place, taking into consideration that you have the integra?

Any particular feature ?
just curiosity, as I ended up not buying the FA and going for the MOXF
unixmill

Post by unixmill »

Well, I needed a light weight keyboard with my patches.
FA06 looked perfect but not anymore. I will keep my integra and consider getting a moxf6.
Learning on Yamaha for me is kinda deterant but enough time with it should give me confident.

How do you like your MOXF?
Tino64

Post by Tino64 »

unixmill wrote:Well, I needed a light weight keyboard with my patches.
FA06 looked perfect but not anymore. I will keep my integra and consider getting a moxf6.
Learning on Yamaha for me is kinda deterant but enough time with it should give me confident.

How do you like your MOXF?
Here is another Integra user that choose the MOXF over the FA.

That said I was looking for another controller for my integra! I was using an Impulse but wanted more control.

Looking at the MOXF it,s an great controller for the integra with master mode. 4 Zone control etc
no problem at all setting it all up when you get the grips on how Yamaha does it:)

On top of that I got more sounds , Flash, Arps etc and it integrates well with my DAW( Cubase)
also comes with an nice vst editor.

I bought the Melas tools, it,s an editor for every mode on the MOXF makes things even easier to do!
unixmill

Post by unixmill »

Isn't melas tool free?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

unixmill wrote:Isn't melas tool free?
No, it's around 90 €, but it is a very good value for money as it gives you lots of control over all MOXF's modes from a computer and includes a very flexible and user friendly Total Librarian that can work in conjunction with the other Editors (Voices, Performances, Mix, Master)