Assigning a momentary ft switch to turn Arpeggio on and off?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
CEB

Assigning a momentary ft switch to turn Arpeggio on and off?

Post by CEB »

I would like to use a Boss momentary switch to activate the arpeggio button. Globally would be my preference but inside a specific channel in a studio set would be fine. Anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks.
CEB

Re: Assigning a momentary ft switch to turn Arpeggio on and

Post by CEB »

I guess not.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

CEB wrote:I would like to use a Boss momentary switch to activate the arpeggio button. Globally would be my preference but inside a specific channel in a studio set would be fine. Anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks.
Unfortunately NO, it's not possible to do it using a momentary switch on the FA (My MOXF does it using the Assignable switch).

The only ways are via the front Panel Switch and via SysEx messages (please see Page 19 of the MIDI implementation Manual)
CEB

Post by CEB »

Thanks a lot for the information.
Johan_B

Post by Johan_B »

PauloF wrote:
CEB wrote:I would like to use a Boss momentary switch to activate the arpeggio button. Globally would be my preference but inside a specific channel in a studio set would be fine. Anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks.
Unfortunately NO, it's not possible to do it using a momentary switch on the FA (My MOXF does it using the Assignable switch).

The only ways are via the front Panel Switch and via SysEx messages (please see Page 19 of the MIDI implementation Manual)

I'm interested in sending some sysex messages but new in this matter. Could you let me know what the exact sysex message is: starting with F0 and ending with F7. thx
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Hello Johan_B,

try to use this to set the ArpSwitch on/off for a specific part:

Code: Select all

F0 41 10 00 00 77 12 18 00 40+x 03 0y [ckecksum] F7
where x is the part in the studio set and y must be 0=OFF or 1=ON

checksum will be calculated automatically when inserted as sysex command in the sequencer (easy way) or calculate it manually (see Midi Manual page 36). Remenber all values are hexadecimal.