Dark buttons

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
keyofJb

Dark buttons

Post by keyofJb »

We all know the big issue with not being able to see the buttons, especially in dark live settings. Such a poor design, yet we have a workaround.
I have 2 solutions. I was using a USB powered bendable gooseneck light which I could manually aim where I needed it. That can work for some, but it's limited and also uses the USB port.
My new setup will be using the best solution. The aftermarket LED light strips used in custom vehicle lighting, stuck underneath your top keyboard. Choose your color (blue or white are best). They can be cut to length and are self adhesive (and add superglue if you like). Battery or adapter powered. They will also light up your keys, so mine will have a blue tint. Kinda cool, and effectively lights the buttons enough. I'll take pics when done.

Jb
Español

Re: Dark buttons

Post by Español »

Fantastic !! Very good idea !!
Nobody had said something similar !!
What you see store led light strip?
Can you put here the web link where they sell LED light strips?
It works in the USB port the USB powered bendable gooseneck light, properly right?
Someone has tested?
We anxiously await the outcome of led strips lights in your FA and show us the pictures you can here in this thread :-)
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

One way I am dreaming of is a new paint in inverse style, i.e. white with black text labeling.
If I win a lottery I would give "custom synth" a call...

http://www.customsynth.co.uk
Español

Post by Español »

bennyseven wrote:If I win a lottery I would give "custom synth" a call...
If you win the lottery send a photo of your customized synthesizer ...............
Would you put led light strips our friend "keyofJb"? Regards ...........;-)
Español

Post by Español »

Hello again bennyseven ;-)
In reference to the website that you have shown, here I leave a web link of Barcelona Spanish website which is also dedicated to the custom synth:

http://www.synther.org/index.html

Service and restoration dedicated exclusively to vintage musical electronics, specializing in analog synthesizers.
-Repair.
-Restoration.
-Modification
-Midification.
-Customization.
Design and manufacture of accessories and upgrades.
-Quest Obsolete components.
-Restoration Mechanics and recovery of parts from metal or wood.