Newbie help with patches

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
rjfa08

Newbie help with patches

Post by rjfa08 »

Hi just purchased looking for help with patches. Which can I use for songs like:
Van haven jump
80 dance such as the cure
Gary Neumann
Prince 1999

Or is there a library I can search?

Thanks
bennyseven

Re: Newbie help with patches

Post by bennyseven »

Go to synth brass category, try the SN patches, tweak them as you like

have fun..
Español

Post by Español »

Here I attached a website where it has begun to store sounds for FA: http://www.jp-80.com/fa/fa.html
PauloF's version of the ubiquitous 'Jump' (Van Halen) brass sound originally for the Integra-7 but should also work on the FA-06/08.

It would be interesting that we can all share our personal sounds through this website, shipping your sounds to the website administrator: admin@jp-80.com
Flavorkeys

Post by Flavorkeys »

As bennyseven said, take time to go thru and LISTEN to the internal synth (both SN and PCM) patches already in the FA. I would be surprised if, after taking some time to do this, you don't find something that is very close to what you are looking for, and with some tweaking, can get you even closer. That's part of the fun Yes? There are soooooo many synth sounds already in memory. I find it useful for myself to sort of categorize the sounds so I can recall them later, (short synth, long synth, lead synth, pads, SfX, etc.) Often, if I find a patch that really reminds me of a specific synth sound in a well known song, for instance, the sync lead in The Cars song "Let's go" , I will change the name of that patch to "Let's go" ! That way it instantly reminds me exactly what that patch sounds like. It doesn't stop me from using that sound for other songs, but it does make it instantly memorable/ recallable for me.
MJW

Post by MJW »

There's already a pre-set studio set for Jump, no. 053 Hop.. Step ..