expression pedal problem

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
mixalis

expression pedal problem

Post by mixalis »

I have an expression pedal hooked into the fa but its only going to half of the volume from 0 to 64 for example..

What am i doing wrong here?

The pedal is a behringer fcv100 does anyone has it?
bennyseven

Re: expression pedal problem

Post by bennyseven »

do you use CV mode and did you try to adjust MIN VOL ? maybe this will influence the values which are sent to the FA.
mixalis

Post by mixalis »

Do you have the same pedal? Yes i use CV mode...min vol doesn affect the sound when you are in CV mode...
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

It might be the 'wrong way round'. I use the Yamaha FC-7 with an adapter to swap the wires over. Without the adapter the volume will go from about 25% to 75% full volume, with the adapter it goes from 0-100%.

Also worth mentioning that if the pedal is set to 'volume' in the keyboard there is a bug in that it doesn't scale the volumes to what is in the studio set. For example if you have a patch in the studio set set to 75 then put the pedal down then up it will go back up to 127 instead of 75. To fix this, change the pedal to alter 'expression' rather than 'volume'. You won't get a visual feedback but it will work.

Alan.
mixalis

Post by mixalis »

Thanks for the info.. But it didnt work for me....
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

I have the Roland EV-5 which has a minimum volume knob, I was thinking the Boss' volume knob works equally.

I guess the approach with Expression CC is the best way. I have some sets where I switch parts on/off with the assignable switches working with EXPRESSION (could only be 0 or 127 with the switches). So this should work fine with a volume pedal.

Only advanced midi master controller/keyboards have functions to set midi data scaling, relative values and min/max value (like Kurzweil). It is not a bug in the FA, if you send volume midi commands from 0-127 on a studio set channel, it'll be processed as that values. Nothing less or more.