Can I use the Integra 7 with the FA-08??? for more sounds

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
videorov

Can I use the Integra 7 with the FA-08??? for more sounds

Post by videorov »

I would like to use a Integra 7 with a FA-8 to get all of the sounds from the integra7 to use on the
FA-08 and not just some of them.
I like the features of the recording on the FA-08 but would like to expand the sounds even more if
I can by adding the integra7 on midi control. Would I have any problems do you think.
PauloF

Re: Can I use the Integra 7 with the FA-08??? for more sound

Post by PauloF »

videorov wrote:I would like to use a Integra 7 with a FA-8 to get all of the sounds from the integra7 to use on the
FA-08 and not just some of them.
I like the features of the recording on the FA-08 but would like to expand the sounds even more if
I can by adding the integra7 on midi control. Would I have any problems do you think.
You can't add the Integra sounds to the FA, but you can use them together to expand your sound palette.

The FA is not the most versatile MIDI controller, but will do the job
cello

Post by cello »

Just a minor detail - the FA can install Integra sounds; but not studio sets; only tones.

The FA would not be my first choice of midi controller due to lack of aftertouch. But that said, as PauloF says, it'll do.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

cello wrote:Just a minor detail - the FA can install Integra sounds; but not studio sets; only tones.

The FA would not be my first choice of midi controller due to lack of aftertouch. But that said, as PauloF says, it'll do.

You're right Cello, the integra's tones can be added to FA. Really forgot that :) thanks

If you want a VERY good controller with a fair price, choose one of the following (on inverse price order):

4 keyboard Zones (split/layer- 4 MIDI channels):
- M-Audio Axiom 61 mkII (going to be replaced by the new M-Audio CODE series, but still available)
- Novation Impulse 61 (maybe my choice of controller)

2 keyboad Zones (split/layer- 2 MIDI channels)
- Roland A-800 Pro
- Akai Pro MPK61
- Akai Pro MPK261
mixalis

Post by mixalis »

If you already have roland fa dont buy the integra 7... add something else next to it if you want more sounds....

You already have more than the half sounds that integra has..
Emmerson

Post by Emmerson »

I bought the FA-08 with the help of the Roland planet staff to use with my Integra-7 and was told how it easily interfaces to it via the midi. However this is way off. The interface does not work properly for using the Integra sounds. After much discussions with Roland Uk they told me it couldn't be used to control the integra sounds properly and at first offered me an Rd-800 which is limited. Eventually they agreed, after I write a letter to Japan that they would update the firmware. Unfortunately they have now decided not to update the firmware So I'm looking at designing an app for the Android spspecifically to set up my performances via a midi interface piece of hardware I'll design to change studio sets for the FA-08 and Integra simultaneously. The interface will be made to look like the FA -08 and will be to transmit the midi codes required to use the FA-08 to allow it to play the integra sounds from the FA-08.
cda

Post by cda »

Emmerson wrote:I bought the FA-08 with the help of the Roland planet staff to use with my Integra-7 and was told how it easily interfaces to it via the midi. However this is way off. The interface does not work properly for using the Integra sounds. After much discussions with Roland Uk they told me it couldn't be used to control the integra sounds properly
Interesting. In what way does MIDI not work properly for using the Integra sounds?
Español

Post by Español »

Emmerson wrote:Unfortunately they have now decided not to update the firmware.
Every day I'm more disappointed with this company.
It is clear, that when Roland manufactures new instruments, the users of previous or old instruments, are abandoned to their fate.
It's a shame.
But I have very clear that, the next instrument I buy me, will not be a Roland.
We are abandoned as the Fantom users.
Now Roland is only concerned about their new toys: JD-XA and JD-Xi.
Luckily for our FA ...
Español

Post by Español »

Emmerson wrote:Unfortunately they have now decided not to update the firmware
All users of this forum we had been asking for a new firmware with new operational improvements, expandability, etc. and now we find that they have now decided not to update any new firmware.
I think it's great :-(
cello

Post by cello »

We don't know they've not decided to update the firmware.

Okay - you may well be right in the fullness of time. However, I believe they are indeed working on AIRA, Xi, XA but I think they will return to the FA - perhaps with an OS update and additional sounds through Axial.

After all, the FA is Roland's only current workstation so I believe they won't ignore it.
Fleer

Post by Fleer »

+1
Español

Post by Español »

cello wrote:The FA is Roland's only current workstation so I believe they won't ignore it.
I completely agree with this statement.
So I hope to return to the FA as you claim and launched an OS update and additional sounds through Axial.
:-)
djkot

Post by djkot »

Español wrote:
Emmerson wrote:Unfortunately they have now decided not to update the firmware.
Every day I'm more disappointed with this company.
It is clear, that when Roland manufactures new instruments, the users of previous or old instruments, are abandoned to their fate.
It's a shame.
But I have very clear that, the next instrument I buy me, will not be a Roland.
We are abandoned as the Fantom users.
Now Roland is only concerned about their new toys: JD-XA and JD-Xi.
Luckily for our FA ...
Agree with each word :-(
Emmerson

Post by Emmerson »

I have had very recent contact with Roland who have confidence with Japan that a firmware update is not going to happen for the FA-08. I know this as I have had responses to letters sent to the chairman in Japan regarding several firmware issues with the FA-08 and was original told the firmware wound be updated. About two weeks ago it was confirmed it is not going to happen as the development staff are working on new gear.
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

Working on new gear is good news of course! I think it is Roland's duty to fulfill announcements and promises and to solve bugs, but not to totally change the firmware. Considering the fairly low price of the FA-06 and the free expansions, which still cost around 150-200 Euros each in the form of used SRX hardware boards on Ebay, I think the overall package is still appealing, probably better than the Korg Krome, which only shines with respect to pianos and e-pianos and is not expandable at all.
But I know, Roland has put off customers several times, e.g. with the Fantom G, by leaving a buggy firmware unchanged and only releasing 3 ARX expansions, or lately with the BK-9, announcing expansions, which never came, and largely abandoning the instrument afterwards.