System Update Version 1.03

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Fleer

Re: System Update Version 1.03

Post by Fleer »

Should we first update to 1.02 if we're still on 1.01 (or 1.00) ?
cgreene

Post by cgreene »

I think you should be able to go straight to 1.03 with no problem.
djkot

Post by djkot »

Worst update I ever seen! Where is the slicer for sampler? Where is the ability to upload our own waveforms? Where is the ability to load and save patches and waveforms separately? Roland have ------- up again, so it's tmie to sell my FA...
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Bye.
Fleer

Post by Fleer »

Where's the ability to travel through time? Oh, it's already there, and free, thanks to Axial.
mixalis

Post by mixalis »

Fleer wrote:Where's the ability to travel through time? Oh, it's already there, and free, thanks to Axial.
If you call timetravel some stupid samples from loopmasters that you have to buy, its already there!

Nothing to see here....Except from some bug fixes... My fa is already on sale...
Fleer

Post by Fleer »

Bye.
epostmiba

Post by epostmiba »

And mine is already sold ...

Sorry, but going back to the same old sounds as in my old XP-60 was not quite what I was looking for. Axial was one of the reasons that I bought the FA and it is really a great service in theory. But it looks like it follows the same pattern as Roland other so-called "customer service". As cheaply as possible by offering a limited number of packages of reused old sound.

Bye ...
Fleer

Post by Fleer »

Sorry to see you guys go.
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Worst update I ever seen! Where is the slicer for sampler? Where is the ability to upload our own waveforms? Where is the ability to load and save patches and waveforms separately? Roland have ------- up again, so it's tmie to sell my FA...
Sorry, but going back to the same old sounds as in my old XP-60 was not quite what I was looking for. Axial was one of the reasons that I bought the FA and it is really a great service in theory. But it looks like it follows the same pattern as Roland other so-called "customer service". As cheaply as possible by offering a limited number of packages of reused old sound.
As far as the FA goes, the Axial site was intended to give FA users FREE access to a wide variety of JV and SRX series sounds. not because they just wanted to 'recycle', but because it was and still is a great collection of very usable high quality sounds.

What baffles me is the number of people who purchase an instrument like this for what they hope it will become rather than what it can offer them now. If you can't make a decent piece of music with version 1.03, I might suggest that NO amount of additional updates are going to help you. Now go make some music . . . or not!
ducker

Post by ducker »

Sure I wish Roland would offer more updates.. but a lot of design limitations are in hardware... I doubt they will every be able to add many features to the sampling (although that would be nice). Whats realisitic is start recording sample AND midi from midi clock start.. that would be awesome.

I also wish you could make 2 versions (using the same sound type) of a sound.. then use mod to moph between them (not fade but linear interpolate all values inbetween). That would be amazing .. but again prob not possible.

Overall its a great machine for the money.. and I could and would be even better with updates. But buying a product and hoping the updates fix its limitations is a bit naïve in the music industry. Very few products ever get significant new features after release.
cello

Post by cello »

ducker wrote:... Very few products ever get significant new features after release.
Very astute and accurate comment which should be remembered by all!
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

piaknowguy wrote: As far as the FA goes, the Axial site was intended to give FA users FREE access to a wide variety of JV and SRX series sounds. not because they just wanted to 'recycle', but because it was and still is a great collection of very usable high quality sounds.

What baffles me is the number of people who purchase an instrument like this for what they hope it will become rather than what it can offer them now. If you can't make a decent piece of music with version 1.03, I might suggest that NO amount of additional updates are going to help you. Now go make some music . . . or not!
I don't understand it either. Expecting a full workstation like the Fantom-X or G for the price of 999 Euros, which would additionally be completely renewed by updates...
Those who are so unhappy should compare the FA-06 to the Juno Stage or Juno Gi, these were Roland's previous models in the same price range. Compared to the Juno Stage, which also cost 999 euros in 2010, the FA-06 has SuperNatural sounds, which the Stage didn't have, and you get 2 expansions for free, whereas you had to spend at least 300 euros additionally to get 2 used SRX boards for the Juno Stage. And if you wanted a good piano for the Juno, you had to take one of the piano SRX boards, because the stock pianos were nowhere as good as the SN-A piano of the FA. So only one more SRX slot left for another expansion... Just a few points to put things into perspective...
cresshead

Post by cresshead »

bug fixes are always welcome.

thank you Roland.