Importing drum tracks into my FA-08

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
dmc092657

Importing drum tracks into my FA-08

Post by dmc092657 »

As I stated in an earlier a post, my background is in acoustic piano and my performing history is as a guitar player so the technology is all new for me. Appreciate your patience....

I'd like to create some drum tracks for my FA-08 for live performance accompaniment and I'm baffled as to how to best go about it. Some local players that I know (not Roland users) create drum tracks with recording software and import them. I know its also an option to program them using the onboard sounds. I'm wondering which approach is easier to just get it up & running. Also, the manual is unclear to me on how to do the latter so if someone could elaborate or link to an online resource that explains it in very basic terms, I'd be grateful.....thanks all !
bennyseven

Re: Importing drum tracks into my FA-08

Post by bennyseven »

Go and create your own drum pattern and compose them to a drum track without sampling by using the internal sounds.
some Infos here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=49237#p281529
cello

Post by cello »

In a studio set, make sure your Part 10 is a drum kit.

Now press the Rhythm Pattern button.

You will see Intro, Verse, fill-in etc. You can press the buttons at any time to go to that section - just press the buttons and you're off.

There are many preset patterns (at the top of the screen) which you can play around with and there are 20 slots for your own patterns. Not only that, there are lots of different kits that you can use with the patterns.

No need for sampling :)
dmc092657

Post by dmc092657 »

Thank you both !