Can I mute a sound and still play?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Doggy79

Can I mute a sound and still play?

Post by Doggy79 »

Hi,
I have not learned all the tricks of the fa yet, but stumbled acros a sqenario today where I might need some advice: what di I do if I play a song from the sequenser and want to e.g. mute a instrument and try out new ideas with the same track? And please dont tell me to use another track with the same sound...
Cheers,
Toni
cello

Re: Can I mute a sound and sill play?

Post by cello »

Use rehearsal mode?
Doggy79

Re: Can I mute a sound and sill play?

Post by Doggy79 »

Thanks. That was my initial idea as well. I tried that on one of the preset tracks yesterday, but for some reason the sequenser bumped me from track 10 to 1 which seemed quite odd. I'll need to test this again this evening.

Even though the unit is quite simple to use it needs a bit of getting used to from a previous Korg user...
Doggy79

Re: Can I mute a sound and still play?

Post by Doggy79 »

Nope, the rehersal did not help or work in any way. This is a quite stupid little thing I was quite used to with my 90's Korg but I guess that with this unit I'll just have to change my workflow. I would just assume that in a live situation the mute track but still hear the sound function could be quite handy for variations etc.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Don't try the factory songs! At the beginning of the songds there is a lot of sysex data, which also might set the focus on track 1.
Doggy79

Post by Doggy79 »

I did a totally new song and studio set and the bumping stopped, so it was related to the issue mentioned above, but the mute function remain unsolved.
cda

Post by cda »

I have often wanted to mute a track and be able to try out a different idea, but I haven't yet found a way to do it.