Crossfade tones using MOD wheel

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
nathbeadle

Crossfade tones using MOD wheel

Post by nathbeadle »

Hey Forum,

I've tired myself out from searching Google and this forum on how to accomplish what Roland has done... to have a studio set or tone that changes it's sound when using the MOD wheel. There are tons of examples, especially on the Dance Trax SRX where I play a note and it has a melody loop with bass or drums underneath. Pressing up on the MOD wheel would fade the bass or drums out, and then releasing the MOD wheel would bring them back in.

The closest I could find on how this is accomplished was this post for the Fantom-G:
viewtopic.php?t=28133&p=171800

I'd be SUPER appreciative if anyone can shed some light on this for the FA-08 or give more explanation of how this is accomplished/what exactly is going on to make this work.

Thanks in advance oh great forum members!
JustKen

Re: Crossfade tones using MOD wheel

Post by JustKen »

You might try looking at the Mixer, accessible via the Menu key. Would this work for you?
nathbeadle

Post by nathbeadle »

Hey JustKen

Thanks for the suggestion but came up empty. I've been starting to go through the innards of tones to look at all the individual settings and trying to find something there.
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Mixer won't help at Tone level.

First go on page 58/59 in the Parameter Guide to learn about matrix control and how to use the mod lever as control device.

i'm not shure, but volume or expression control will make the thing.
nathbeadle

Post by nathbeadle »

Thanks for the tip bennyseven... this is my first foray into those kind of parameters. Quite the knowledge climb but I'm getting there!