Part select in Dual/Split mode?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
Myrk-

Part select in Dual/Split mode?

Post by Myrk- »

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. I tried doing a search but didn't find any topics on the subject or anything in the manual. When in any mode but Studio set or Sequencer the "Part" is always 1 [and 2 in dual and split] - is there any way of changing it in this screen to say Part 11 and 12? I know there are workarounds using the studio sets, but this would be a nice quick convenient shortcut to certain commonly used sounds (or in my situation external synths).

Thanks in advance!
bennyseven

Re: Part select in Dual/Split mode?

Post by bennyseven »

Best way would be to set Part 1 or 2 to the proper Midi channel, wich matchs your external synth.
Inyour case set Part 1 to 11 and part 2 to channel 12.
Disable FA's internal sounds for both parts, if wanted.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Yer this was my thought, just a shame you can't quickly just rotate the dial on the part to use other parts. I do find though that the Int/Ext/Both on track select doesn't do anything when using the it with the MX-1 mixer... I have to apply a null tone and turn the volume to 0. Not sure if I've missed some other setting or if it's a bug when outputting the audio via USB?
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

yes, it is a known bug. You have to setup a null/bogus tone when working with Midi external tracks.
Candy

Post by Candy »

For quick changing the parts you can use the Pads (Go to Pad mode, there you can change the function of the Pads)

Candy